Will John McCain get us into a war with Iran?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Feb 15, 2008.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Assuming that he's elected that is. McCain has made some tough statements in regards to Iran; what are your thoughts?

2. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

In his way of thinking, Muslims helping other Muslims fight off what they view as occupation = radical Islam = terrorism = somewhere to direct War on Terror

so yeah, I could see a war with Iran in the future...or at the very least, some strategic bombings.

as George Carlin so appropriately put our penchant for bombing:

"...especially if your country is full of brown people. Oh yeah, we like that! That's our hobby...bombing brown people! If you're a country and you've got some brown people, tell them to 'Watch the **** out, or we'll ***damn bomb them!"

3. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Yes he does seem like another bush like B******D hell bent on war. There is no hope for your country if he comes into power.

4. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

i dont see why not. he thinks our military force exists to make sure everyone in the world is doing things the way we like it.
    i'm not sure he cares that iran stopped the nuke program and doesnt have much of a military.
    here's how its going to go down

Mccain says "iran has nukes"
    congress says "yeah right"
    mccain says "we must attack to protect ourselves"
    dixie chicks say "come on now"
    texans say "anyone who is against this war in unpatriotic. it is america's duty to invade whenever our president feels like it because he is our supreme ruler and has ultimate wisdom."

5. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

lol! me gusta!

6. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

The hell? :confused:

7. wonga1127 macrumors 6502

I agree. I may be hopping across the pond soon after I get out of high school because I've had my ***damned fill of this country and the people who keep electing this idiots into office.

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Sorry to break it to you, but electing idiots is not an exclusively American affliction.

9. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Thank god for that! A pity, though, that we are so good at it!

10. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

come on over fella!:D

11. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

LOL, I love the fact that after I read this thread the ad banner at the top was one for John McCain for President. It reminded me I haven't installed adblocker on my new computer... Thx...

I definitely think McCain would get us into a war with Iran, he seems to share the same mentality as Bush on this.

12. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Cheney has sold his soul to the devil(s) for this one last chance. I am not primarily speaking about corporate sponsorship (although he has some serious IOUs there too). I am mainly talking about the various republican, and neo-con factions within the party.

McCain once enjoyed a reputation as a maverick of sorts. He took positions that bounced around on the political spectrum. But, that was eight years ago. The current version of McCain has said his 'acts of contrition'. He toed the line for everyone who could aid his cause. Even those issues, he was so passionate about, have been denounced by him.

if under the the slimmest of possibilities, he was able to win the whitehouse, this guy is going to be nothing more than an order taker. He owes much to the Israeli lobby, and they definitely want the US in Iran. So, I think he will lobby hard for it. But, congress and the American people are not the same docile, uninformed, fear-driven sheep of 2003. He will meet serious resistance.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Only if they have an (R) after their names. If it's a (D), then they're the unpatriotic ones sending our brave men and women off to die for an unjust cause. Clinton had to be destroyed remember.

Bush pretends to be from Texas.

Similar to McCain's, but less vocal about it while she's bombing Iran.

(I hope I'm kidding)

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Feet slightly apart, hands on hips, arms akimbo, head tilted slightly to one side.

16. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    I think this video sums up everything that inspires me about the McCain candidacy. It uses the words of his speeches and sets them to music. I sware, by the end I was crying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwqEneBKUs

McCain 2008 - If You Like Bush, You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

~ CB

17. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Thank you, skunk. :D

The trait that drives a person to enter politics is the same trait that renders one ultimately unworthy to serve.

18. stevegmu macrumors regular

When has J. McCain, or any other Republican politician, for that matter, said anything of the sort?

19. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

I would laugh at this, but it is true. He said these things....AND PEOPLE ARE VOTING FOR THIS GUY TO BE A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE! Holy **** people..........:eek:

20. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

McCain is still better then that religious nut job that is Huckabee........ But, the GOP is messed up either way. McCain and Huckabee proves that.

21. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

You think he would avoid unneeded wars...but yes, I can see him getting us into war with Iran

But he won't win...he can't...can he? :eek:

Oh wait, its America and he's Xtian, of course he can win!

22. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Remember now, "you're either with us or you're against us".

23. stevegmu macrumors regular

Yes, I do. How does his this speech-
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010920-8.html

Equal this?

By that 'logic', am I to assume H. Clinton also thinks
    ?

After all, she said this-
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=DbYGYiGjpUs

24. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This was probably one of the best moments of the Bush administration, post 9/11. But there's this little issue of follow-through. To be believed, you have to do more than say it.