Will Macbooks be updated and Snow Leopard be out by Sep 09?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by virgo123, Jan 7, 2009.

1. virgo123 macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I've had a dell laptop for the last few years, but I've finally decided to get a macbook. It's my 21st bday in September and was hoping to save up and use that money to get a Macbook. I was just wondering whether Snow Leopard would be out by then, and if the Macbooks will get a spec bump.
    Also I know they do an offer for students, get an ipod free or something, was just wondering if that will be on in september, and what ipod did they offer last time around? Were there any other student benefits? Sorry for all the questions!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Snow Leopard will be out by September and the MacBook line will be several months into its next update.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

Maybe yes, maybe no. But most likely yes.

Maybe yes, maybe no. But, yet again, most likely yes.

They offered the iPod touch last year. The program normally starts in mid-September and runs through the end of October.

Depending on which level of education you're having, there is an extended four year AppleCare program, I believe.

4. virgo123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok cool, so odds seem pretty good that they'll have been some minor tweaks to the macbooks and snow leapord should be out. I'm really excited about getting a macbook! Looking forward to getting used to the Apple OS. The macbooks themselves look really nice in the vids I've seen. The Dell I have now is a 15.4 inch laptop and it's heavy as hell, which means it's such a hassle to carry round that I usually end up leaving it at home. Are the macbooks pretty easy to carry about?

5. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

I hope for minor tweaks by May (6 months from the redesign in Oct).

I'll be purchasing in June, so good luck. They are mighty fine laptops. It'll be my first laptop I'd ever own.

6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Snow Leopard will be out by then, Macbooks updated? no.

7. MacsBestFriend macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

the macbooks are getting a .1GHz speed boost in Q1 and snow leopard is coming out also in this quarter. I, personally am hoping for these before March. Good luck! :)