Will mt. lion release date be made public? Or will is just show up in the app store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stayfly2407, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

2. mobiousblack macrumors member

3. trsblader macrumors 6502

Depends what you mean by made public. Apple will certainly update their homepage to have a slide for mountain lion right when you are welcomed to their site. Every mac blog in the world will have it advertised immediately on their front pages or main forums, and the apple store in general (online and brick and mortar) will certainly make it a selling point that new macs have mountain lion.

I wouldn't expect a personal email saying it's out, although I want to say that I did get one from the developer area saying Lion was out (free developer account that is), but I may very well be misremembering.

4. Stayfly2407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

confirmed by who?

5. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Nothing is confirmed until Apple says so.

6. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Last year, Apple waited until their quarterly earnings report to announce the release date for Lion (which was the next day). Apple is holding their earnings call this afternoon after the markets close, so there is a strong possibility they will announce today that it will be released tomorrow. The GM build (which is the version that will be posted in the App Store) has been available for developers for the last week or so, so we're definitely close to the release date.

7. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Yes, sounds like tomorrow based on last year's Lion release....

8. Rockoar macrumors regular

Rockoar

I'm thinking about buying my first Mac ever in about two weeks, do you think that if Mountain Lion was released this week it will then be already pre-installed in my machine? From past experience, how many time does it take to Apple to ship its machines with a new OS release?

9. sth macrumors 6502a

Nothing is announced yet but it's most likely to be announced at today's quarterly earnings call (as was Lion last year).
    It should hit the App Store tomorrow.

10. richlee111 macrumors regular

Official. Conference call just announced ML release tomorrow.

11. sth macrumors 6502a