will my 15´rMBP ever work as intended?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jaekae, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Jaekae macrumors 6502

Since i got my retina 15 laptop (8 months ago) ive allways had problems with UI lag, made many clean reinstalls etc and hoping everytime a new update come that it will fix it, just now once again i updated (10.8.4 combo) and i still have problems with the UI lagging. dont have scroll lag in safari but, rezising windows and going to fullscreen and back and all of those things always lag, and some apps ive got have lag in them, for example it cant run sibelius 7 which is a very expensive program for writing music. scrolling around in there is laggy and also in several other apps, and using mission control...

how the hell can apple sell a laptop that theoretically should be able to handle everything today but it cant even run the OS like it should...

2. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

3. leman macrumors 604

Mission control was fixed for me with 10.8.3, before that it was really extremely laggy. I think that the problem with the application you are using is simply bad coding. For example, a window can get away with inefficient UI rendering at 'normal' resolutions with the current hardware, but when you go HiDPI, the lag becomes more visible. For example, resizing App Store lags on every Mac - it is just much more apparent on the retina model.