Will my MBP work well with HP W2007V monitor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by billandy, Feb 14, 2008.

1. billandy macrumors regular

I'm thinking of getting the HP W2007V 20" monitor on a budget. Due to the lack of digital input, I'd have to use the DVI-VGA converter. I'm wondering if the display image would be greatly affected?

Any other suggestions about a 20" widescreen monitor with a budget within £150?

no £££ for the cinema display....:eek::eek::eek:

2. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

3. antibact1 macrumors 6502

Don't waste your money on something that doesn't have digital input.

4. billandy thread starter macrumors regular

any suggestion? i've only got £150 to spend. the hp monitor looks brilliant to me, with 20 inch glossy display at just £152 on amazon. can anyone donate a 30" cinema display to me please?:D

5. antibact1 macrumors 6502

I may have answered prematurely. I didn't realize how expensive monitors are in the UK from big manufacturers. I myself have a Dell 2007WFP that I paid $310CAD for which is £158. I wish I was in a position to mail you one. Sorry I can't be of more help.

6. billandy thread starter macrumors regular

well, all electronics seem to be at least 20% more expensive than in us or canada... i actually quite hate dell products, even the xps series one of my friend bought appears to me as a piece of cheap plastic with a high price tag and loses value in exponential decay...

7. antibact1 macrumors 6502

The only reason I mentioned that LCD is that it uses the same panel as the 20" Apple Cinema Display. I agree with you on the Dell PCs - I would never buy one, but this LCD is great.

8. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

The prices listed for US and Canada do not include taxes whereas the prices in the UK show 17% (I think) VAT.

I am cheap. At least when it comes to buying LCD's for work. I won't spend more than $180 for a monitor that is just being used on a dumb terminal. Yet every LCD monitor I have bought in the last 2 years has had both VGA and DVI output. If the HP is all you can find, you probably aren't looking hard enough.

Edit: PC World seems to have a few different LCD's with DVI connectors for less than £150.

9. billandy thread starter macrumors regular

10. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

You will be happier much happier with DVI than VGA and this display has got it.

Is it at all possible for you to see this display locally before you commit to buying it? If so, I highly recommend that you do so.