Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

horhey23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2004
Kent, OH
With all the talk about the rumored G5 upgrades, and the expected price drops on other models, anyone know if the G4s will see price drops as well?

I can't afford a G5, but have my eye on a G4 system. I don't want to jump the gun if there might be a drop in price next Tuesday. This would be a purchase from a reseller, not directly from Apple, and a new unit, not a refurb.

Any insight?

invaLPsion

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2004
The Northlands
horhey23 said:
With all the talk about the rumored G5 upgrades, and the expected price drops on other models, anyone know if the G4s will see price drops as well?

I can't afford a G5, but have my eye on a G4 system. I don't want to jump the gun if there might be a drop in price next Tuesday. This would be a purchase from a reseller, not directly from Apple, and a new unit, not a refurb.

Any insight?

Seems logical... Maybe they will keep prices the same and boost the current powermac G4 to dual 1.42? That would make sense and be really cool. I'm guessing they'll have to do something with the powermac, but they might just get rid of it.... :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.