Will Obama pardon Hillary, Will Trump go after Hillary?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Nov 9, 2016.

1. 1458279 Suspended

Can Obama pardon Hillary for things she's not yet charged with?

Will Trump go after Hillary like he said he would? We have people in the military that have done much less than Hillary and have paid a great price. If Trump lets Hillary off for Pay for Play, what will happen when the next person does the same?

Why should one person be considered above the law? Can there be a fair investigation of Hillary and their foundation?

2. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Obama certainly can. If we will, is a different question. Same with trump.

Article II, Section 2.

"The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment."

3. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

You know this is America, right?

Many are above the law. Especially if they're rich and powerful.

Have't you ever heard of Affluenza? You can kill (and rape) people and get away with it...

4. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

It seems kind of odd, how can someone be pardoned for something that they haven't been convicted of, but I guess it would be the same as what happened with Nixon and Ford.

What's interesting is that there is speculation that Obama was tied into the classified emails, so he might have an interest in the outcome.

However, there are more people that just Hillary, it seems there's a whole web of people involved in this.

I wonder if it's worth digging into.

5. jdillings macrumors 65816

I think he will. He's very bitter about this loss and will want to deny Trump the opportunity to go after Hillary as payback for defeating her.

6. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

That little punk should have been taken out back and shown just how "special" he really is. People died because of that little punk and I'd personally love to show him just how "special" he is.

Ok, back on track, yea, but we aren't supposed to be above the law, and it's actually fundamental to our system if it's ever to work.

7. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

It's a good question, I wish I had a good answer.

I'm pretty sure Obama can pardon her for any and all crimes she may have committed against the US, but he will probably only do so if he thinks Trump will go through with his campaign rhetoric.

They are going to meet this week, I'm sure Obama will feel him out on the subject.

8. juanm, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016

juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

They are one and the same, did anyone really believe what either of them said during the campaign?

[​IMG]

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Unfortunately our system is fundamentally flawed. It's entirely skewed towards people with money and influence.

It's one of the reasons why I hate when people pull out incarceration and conviction statistics when trying to prove a point about race and class. They only tell half the story. Our prisons are filled with people who can't afford lawyers.

10. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

The authorities were going to go after Eric Holder for his fast and furious involvement. Obama wrote an executive order or gave some type of executive privilege to Holder so he couldn't be questioned. 100% crooked.

11. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

There's a documentary about Trump/Hillary from Frontline. It gets into how Obama created Trump by making Trump very mad by making fun of him in front of everyone.

Obama really asked for this. Obama hasn't had any new economic policies in his 2nd term, he hasn't done anything about ObamaCare and waited far, far too long to do anything about ISIS and still has no solution to the immigration crisis in Europe.

12. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Why is Obama supposed to come up with a solution to the immigration crisis in Europe?

13. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

It's not just prison. I protected my IP in pro per (represented myself in a copyright case) It was a joke, they lawyers are just there to play games, delay and lie. It has nothing to do with the law or justice.

This is human nature, people position themselves as gatekeepers between you and what you want/need. Freedom, food, rights, whatever you want, there's someone positioning themselves as a gatekeeper that you must pay. It's just another form of slavery, it's what humans seem to do most.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2016 ---
    The immigration crisis was caused by events in the middle east. Several mistakes were made in Libya, Iraq, etc... In addition, a safe space could have been made, we already had troops over there. Obama called ISIS the JV team and allowed them to gain great power. The US caused these problems and Obama looked the other way as it took over Europe.
    I don't remember all the details, but this is part of why Americans are really pissed. They are all above the law and if Trump doesn't change it, it'll never be changed.

Imagine what Trump went thru, the President, the Vice President, First Lady, former President, 17 Reps with many, many, many millions, the ENTIRE media system went up against Trump. ... Trump won...

This isn't likely to ever happen again, if Trump doesn't follow thru, America will be done forever. The "above the law", insiders need to be taught a lesson about corruption.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Obama should absolutely pardon HRC.

She's a victim of partisan vilification, based largely on myth and conspiracy theory.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I don't think Trump will be able to do much in office. There is a lot of intrenched power that won't give it up easily. People need to just keep voting these career politicians out of office. Or we need term limits for govs, house, and senate.

I vote against the incumbents in every election.
    Wow. Partisan vilification made her set up an illegal server? Partisan vilification made her cheat in the primaries? Did your state just legalize pot?

16. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

But doesn't it seem like you would have to KNOW what you are pardoning someone for?

If I were pres and I said I pardon you for "everything you did" and I didn't know you killed 100 people, would it still be valid?

Wouldn't the pres have to know what he is pardoning someone for, otherwise it could be argued that it wasn't in the mind of the pres that person X did Y so how can that person be pardoned for Y if the pres doesn't know about it?

IDK, it just seems odd that someone could be pardoned for something that we don't know anything about.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

And when you go to the deli, do you always insist that your sandwich is made by someone who's never made it before?

18. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I think this election being not just a landslide in the EC, but against pretty much ALL the polls, says something.

Consider: The most qualified person (maybe EVER) with decades of Gov work at all levels just got BLASTED out of a race that she's run before and had HUUUUGE money. ... This was done by a guy that had ZERO gov work or mil background and spend chump change while up against EVERYONE.

There is a LOUD and CLEAR message here. Listen up or get out of the way! The American people are PISSED and we're out for blood. Do as you're told, exactly as you're told or get out.

If the people in Washington don't get it at this point, stand back, if they want more, we got more.

The 2016 was the Dems turn at the Senate, 2018 is the GOP's turn at the Senate. The Dems didn't even gain control when it was their turn, the GOP have a HUGE upper hand in the 2018, which means it could be a SUPER majority.

Not to mention, SC appointments, there could be 4 SC appointments which means the GOP could control things for generations to come.

In addition, the GOP now controls even MORE Govs, maybe the largest number in over 100 years.

This is a HUUUUUGE pushback against Globalization, Obama, big gov, etc...

If Washington doesn't get it at this point... they never will.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Right, because that's what we are talking about. :rolleyes: Your reducto ad absurdum arguments won't work with me. The deli clerk isn't receiving kickbacks to make sure only a certain type of roast turkey gets used in the sandwiches. The mustard lobby is funding the deli clerks ski trips to the Swiss Alps in exchange for using only spicy brown on the corned beef. The deli clerk can't be bribed by the guy who delivers the potato chips to make sure that he votes against the passage of the pickle tax sponsored by the macaroni salad party.

You libs are so exhausting.

20. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

He has gotten a lot of things wrong but how can he be responsible for the immigration crisis in Europe? That doesn't make any sense.

21. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Great reply, I'M ROTFL.:)

Did they ever call NH?

22. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

One thing I hope happens is that many of the career government service folks retire, especially at the State Department, HHS, the EPA, the IRS, the FCC, and the FDA. There is so much entrenched bureaucracy at some of these agencies, and they've been a big part of the problem for many years. Clear out this dead wood, let the younger folks rise and hopefully do some good. Trump needs to take a hammer to these agencies big time.

23. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

You'd think after 8 years of Obama and zero gains, they'd see the light. The problem with libs, they didn't even see Trump winning, they live in a bubble where they only listen to their own. This is why they are blindsided by someone like Trump.

It's amazing how blind they are, you can point out something right in front of them and they still won't see it.

24. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

If she's so innocent then what's to pardon? If they did nothing wrong then why are there so many immunity deals in place for players in this game of b.s. ?

25. erzhik macrumors 6502

He is not going to lock her up, ffs people. He clearly said it after he got upset at the debate. He acted more like a child who says that they will run away from home and never come back, and then they just go to their room.