Will OS updates improve speed and battery performance of Core m3, m5 and m7 MacBooks? Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Fuzzball84, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Fuzzball84 macrumors 6502

It seems well publicized that microsoft worked closely with intel to enable speed shift last November in a Win 10 update on the surface series of laptops/tablets

So given my experience with the 2015 macbook which seemed to improve noticeably with OS X updates pushed after release (battery and UI graphics) do you think there could be some nice surprises in store for those with the new macbook.

I ask this as I don't know if intel speed shift is enabled yet in OS X and whether apple can make other performance and battery saving changes because of the adoption of skylake.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I think the main question is whether this is already incorporated into the version of OS X that Apple is shipping with the MacBooks. Apple has released "custom" versions before, and the betas for 9.3.2 included references to the 2016 MacBook.

3. Fuzzball84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if the builds with the new MacBooks are customized in this way? any way to find out?

4. mildocjr macrumors 65816

OS X major version updates (the 10.x updates) have had a tendency to go both ways, it all depends on what Apple is focusing on, the minor updates (the 10.11.x updates) usually improve performance but with marginal difference.