Will OS updates improve speed and battery performance of Core m3, m5 and m7 MacBooks? Any thoughts?

Fuzzball84

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
It seems well publicized that microsoft worked closely with intel to enable speed shift last November in a Win 10 update on the surface series of laptops/tablets

So given my experience with the 2015 macbook which seemed to improve noticeably with OS X updates pushed after release (battery and UI graphics) do you think there could be some nice surprises in store for those with the new macbook.

I ask this as I don't know if intel speed shift is enabled yet in OS X and whether apple can make other performance and battery saving changes because of the adoption of skylake.

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
I think the main question is whether this is already incorporated into the version of OS X that Apple is shipping with the MacBooks. Apple has released "custom" versions before, and the betas for 9.3.2 included references to the 2016 MacBook.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
I think the main question is whether this is already incorporated into the version of OS X that Apple is shipping with the MacBooks. Apple has released "custom" versions before, and the betas for 9.3.2 included references to the 2016 MacBook.
Does anyone know if the builds with the new MacBooks are customized in this way? any way to find out?