Will Pence be the new President?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Nov 21, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Caught this on Facebook (I did not write this). Call it conspiracy, or whatever you want - it's at least an interesting read/take on what's might be going on. Or not.
    --

In light of Mike Pence's recent speech regarding Hamilton and the response from both sides as to how "classy" and "Presidential" it was...here is my prediction(and I hope I am very wrong).

Trump will be impeached rather quickly by bi-partisan work behind the scenes. I suspect BOTH parties inside the system are already working together on ways right now to impeach Trump ASAP because the democratic party fears him and the Republican Party clearly can't control him.

Republicans are letting Trump go rogue now so that he solidifies his persona as an insane buffoon because unfettered he will do something criminal more quickly out of ignorance. They're just not policing him at all. Where they're putting their EFFORT right now is into making Pence look like such a superior Presidential option in COMPARISON.

We are watching, right now, the calculated REBRANDING of the man who will spend the MAJORITY of the next four years as our actual president. A man who, if he actually ran AS a Presidential candidate, would have NEVER even made it past the primaries because of his established political history.

BUT, because he went to Hamilton and stayed til the end even tho he got booed and then made that nice speech that one time and after more and more of these "wow he's so classy" events (and they're coming) the left (and the right) will be RELIEVED to have Pence as President by then, because Pence is obviously "so much better" than Trump.

And he's not. He's worse. He's much MUCH worse.

Do you see what's happening?

They're normalizing Pence to the LEFT and the RIGHT so that when he steps up after Tump is impeached - and he will - we, as a country will be lulled into a very false sense of security and maybe even WELCOME him.

The short game of this HAMILTON stunt was to distract from Trump's scandals but the LONG game is fooling us into thinking PENCE might not be "so bad".

I mean...how can a man who said to his kids "that's what freedom sounds like" when they are roundly booed at a public event be all bad? That's not a guy who's gonna actually TAKE AWAY people's freedom right? Not when he loves it so much.

Look, we all knew Pence would be the one actually governing if Trump won; that's in no way a revelation. But what I personally didn't see coming was how we would be manipulated into WANTING it. Because why would we fight against something we think we want?

Mark my words, right now we may have a president elected by the system, when we could have had a president elected by the people.....but instead, we will end up with a president elected by NO ONE and by the time the machine is done with us, they'll have convinced us we are GRATEFUL for it.

WE MUST NEVER FORGET WHO THIS MAN REALLY IS. Because when the time comes to push back on President Pence, it's not gonna be the "sane, patriot, freedom for all Grandpa Pence" they're selling us right now. It's gonna be the REAL Pence. The one that's been stripping people of rights for decades.

Whether he stays or goes, Trump is a straw man and the right is using him (and our inevitable reactions to his antics) as an endless diversion. Ignore him.

WATCH Pence.
    RESEARCH Pence.
    And be PREPARED for a Pence Presidency.
    Because it's been the plan all along.

And if we're all shocked at how we could have so vastly misjudged his patriotic character when he starts putting his ESTABLISHED anti-gay, anti-women, anti-immigrant, anti-minority, anti-climate, anti-science, anti everything agenda into place because we didn't push back hard or fast enough against such a "nice, classy guy"?

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Lol no

Beside, he left before the final speech in Hamilton.

What is going to happen is that he will take a more proactive role in the government decision and make trump the face of the presidency and not necessarily the brains.

3. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Seems she's using Facebook as an outlet while DU is down. lol

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Wait - he left before the final speech? No he didn't.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Trump has yet to even take Office and people are plotting to impeach him.o_Oo_O

While we are going on wild conspiracy theories let me offer my own.

Once Trump appoints Mattis as Secretary of the War Department, Mattis will lead the coup d'état and claim himself to be POTUS.

[​IMG]

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

As opposed to forum posters here form both sides? If that's the original writer's outlet, so be it.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Yeap he was on his way out already. Not his fault though.

"You know, we have a guest in the audience this evening,” he said to audience laughter. “And Vice President-elect Pence, I see you walking out, but I hope you will hear us just a few more moments. There’s nothing to boo here, ladies and gentlemen. There’s nothing to boo here. We’re all here sharing a story of love. We have a message for you, sir. We hope that you will hear us out"

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Fair point. You're correct it sounds like a conspiracy theory.

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Right - so he didn't leave before the final speech. he was there. Heard it all. Left after.

10. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Reports are he stood in the hallway and listened.

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

It happens on both sides. People in the USA are funny this way. It's disappointing but each losing side every four years does the same thing. But that's liberty of expression and what makes USA great, you can complain all you want and make it as public as you want without worrying of someone wanting to kill you for it.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Oh yeah it's hilarious hearing the loonies come out of the wood work every time power changes hand. I'm not too sure I have heard much on killing people for expressing their thoughts, there has been some threats on social media though.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 21, 2016 ---
    Because he's a crook, a cheater and a liar? He holds the worst characteristics of both Clinton and Trump. Hmm. You may be onto something.

14. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Cool. When I first read it the day it happened they said he had already left. But what I quoted now says he was there. At least in the hall. It's hard to hear well when you leave the main area but good if he did. He was leaving before the final farewells so as to not make a scene and leave easily after his entrance.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

16. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Francis Urquhart

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Talk of impeaching a President-elect before the electoral college even firms up his prize seems more than a little premature. It's customary in the USA to swear the guy in and give him a honeymoon before trying to oust him. We're not quite gone to banana republic status yet.

In the event Trump cannot or will not govern sometime in future during his term, Pence is capable of rising to the occasion. I may not like his politics (and I despise much of what I know of them so far) but being governor of Indiana and being President of the USA are two different things. He's not stupid. He's experienced in the give and take of governance.

That said I would expect Trump to try to rise to the occasion also. He appears to like a challenge. This job he just won might be past his pay grade in terms of demand for sustained attention and temperate response. He's not stupid but his smarts seem more those of a street fighter than a politician. One needs the former in a campaign, some of it in governance but a lot more of the diplomat's touch to manage an administration effectively in advocating for preferred legislation, and in helping steer a course for the USA and its allies in foreign affairs.

Donald Trump is not used to working in harness, nor taking "no" seriously. More fun to govern by fiat and let the underlings make it happen or get fired. That may not work out so well atop the administration he's about to lead. It probably won't lead to impeachment though. More likely Mike Pence will get the job without the title... otoh I was wrong about who'd win this election so I could certainly be wrong about how long the winner chooses or is able to wear his imaginary crown.

18. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

That's not going to happen with Trump still breathing. Trump wasn't elected by the god squad and he's not going to be pushed out by them either Trump will marginalize Pence before he gets any power

19. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Seven Days in May!

20. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I think you mean the second week of March

21. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It really all depends on when Putin shows Trump the Queen of Diamonds and "activates" him

For those that don't get the reference - Manchurian Candidate...

22. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

I think trump is going to find a way to absolve himself of all debt and walk away from the oval office a cash-money-billionaire in four years... He will have his own life long high powered goon squad courtesy of the secret service.

23. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

I'm still trying to figure out on what grounds they think they could impeach him on?
    You can't impeach just because you don't like the guy.

And impeachment doesn't mean removal from office.
    Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath. His law license was stripped, but he remained in office.

24. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

IDK so far his choices of people have been lobbyists and others not so good, contrary to what he said we needed from gov officials. So yep, IMO he is going to be a face for many issues, not necessarily all of them , but many.

25. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

Donald Trump isn't getting impeached. Let's be real.