will release to public of 3.0 OS coincide with release of Palm Pre?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Barbs, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Barbs macrumors regular

Be smart for Apple to do that. When is the Pre scheduled for release?

2. Haephestos macrumors regular

Chances are it will, like for 2.0, coincide with the launch of the new iPhone.

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

No, it will be released with the next iPhone. If the Pre is released on May 17th (like a lot of people are saying), then there's no chance 3.0 will be released with it. The "fall back" date on the Pre is June 28th, so there's a chance of that happening if the next iPhone is released on the 26th.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I say 4.3 million AT&T customers could care less; AT&T will allow them to upgrade to the NEW iPhone when it comes out this summer.....

5. michaelgettys macrumors member

I agree. 3.0 will not come out until the day the new phone comes out like 2.0 did. I also think with ATT trying to extend there contract with Apple, I think that to get the deal done Apple will say people that have 3G iPhones will get new pricing if sign a new 2 year deal!

6. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I doubt Apple will make the same server collapsing mistakes of trying to launch everything at once this year. 3.0 will probably ship on the day of the WWDC keynote, with the phone shipping a week or two later.

Apple's desire to launch everything round a keynote to build press hype is stronger than their concerns about any competition.

Phazer

7. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Probably a couple of weeks after to kill the Pre's buzz. With new hardware around late June/early July.