Will replacement iphone 5 be unlock if.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hpye, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Hpye macrumors 6502

Hi i bought an att iphone 5 with no commitment price and i asked them to unlock it, and they unlock it for me and it is unlock now. However, this phone has rattling sound when i shake it and has a small dust underneath the glass. So i am going to apple store tomorrow to swap it. I want to know, will this replacement phone be unlock or i have to ask them to unlock it for me. Can genius bar unlock the phone on the spot?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can ask them at Apple and tell them its unlocked and see what they say.
    Let us know how it goes.
    I think you can also use the receipt they will give you to show proof to AT&T that you exchanged the old one under warranty and would like the replacement you received unlocked.
    I would hope its done automaticly by Apple when replaced but never know.

3. zeyank macrumors member

They should replace it with the exact model and locked/unlocked status of the one you bring in. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

4. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

what i am worry is that they will say it is unlock even if it is lock, you know what i mean. Sometimes employees are lazy to solve the problem. How do i make sure and how do i check whether my phone is lock or unlock in apple store

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bring a Tmobile sim with you and test it out.

6. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont have one, how can i get the t mobile sim without registering or contracting with t mobile. and does t mobile already have nano sim?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can buy a prepaid one from tmobile. They have microsims but not nano yet.
    You will have to cut it down to nano sim size.

8. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

another question, if i replace my phone, do you think the replacement unit is new or refurb? i am also scared that the replacement one is also a defect one. if that happens and i found out later at home, do you think i can go back to apple store and do the swap thing again or you can only do that once?

thank you so much for helping out

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It should still be new but doesnt really matter cause warranty replacement iphones are just as good and you wont be able to tell the difference.
    Before you leave make sure you check it good for any defects. If you find something wrong with it later you can always bring it back, you have a whole year of coverage.

10. vietalogy macrumors 6502

11. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you for the link:)

12. vietalogy macrumors 6502