Will restoring my ipod delete all my songs on bought from Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bosoxnm3, Apr 25, 2009.

1. bosoxnm3 macrumors member

I am having major troubles with my ipod right now. IT wont change from the apple screen. I am about to restore it on my computer. Will this delete all the songs I have bought from the ipod itself. I rarely plug the ipod into the computer so at least 150 of my songs are not synced onto my actual itunes.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yes, although you might be able to download them again. You really should sync more often.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Nope

No, it won't delete them. Songs purchased via the iTunes store from your Touch or iPhone sync to your computer when you plug it in. Every time.

Now, if you have songs on it from another iTunes library, that's a different story.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Read the OP. He has 150 songs that haven't been synced.

5. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Huh?

Ohhhh....he can't sync at all.

My bad.

Yes, restoring it will wipe out everything. That's kinda what restore means.

6. bosoxnm3 thread starter macrumors member

Fantastic. F it. I am converting to Limwire and illegal downloads. Screw ITunes. I am sorry but when an account buys songs you should be able to access them via anywhere.

Does anybody know if I can still get album artwork if I use limewire?

7. clearchaos macrumors regular

clearchaos

yes, and you'll also get tons of viruses and spyware.
    there are better ways to get music...

8. bosoxnm3 thread starter macrumors member

9. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Amazon.com has mp3s

10. pilotrtc macrumors regular

Wouldn't "purchasing" the same songs again be treated the same as downloading an app that was purchased by the iPod? You would click the price to begin the transaction but if you are acquiring it with the same account you would be told that you previously purchased it and there is no additional charge? I must admit I'm not positive about this and if this was the only way to get back those songs that would be tedious but I have had this experience with apps I've "purchased" but only with free apps.

11. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Why do you buy on the iPod? And yes, you can access them. Go into My Account under iTunes Store. Find your 150 or so purchases and download them again. Oh, and Limewire is like the world of viruses. Use other sources. Legal if possible.

12. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Huh?

Apple will often let purchased songs be downloaded again. Not sure what the big deal is here. Just sync more often. Wouldn't you at least want a backup copy of a song you purchased?

13. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

And there goes another customer who had to learn the hard way how bad Apple's iPods and iTunes Store suck. The sad news is that there probably is nothing that can be done to help you. Just don't buy anymore DRMed music and closed-down proprietary Apple products in the future.

14. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A280f Safari/525.20)

Contact customer services and explain the situation. They'll probably give you a bit of a lecture about being more careful in the future and reset your account so you can download them again.

15. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

What are you talking about? :confused:

The op bought 150 songs on his touch and refrained from syncing with his computer. Is that Apple's fault?

It's just another customer who has to learn the hard way that he'll get in trouble if he doesn't take care of his digital possession.

No compassion for people who don't back up their stuff!

16. saberahul macrumors 68040

On Topic Response

When you buy anything from iPod touch or iPhone it syncs with your apple account and keeps in record what you bought. When you connect to iTunes the next time- go to Store and click on Redeem Downloads or something of that sort and everything you have purchased that is not on your iTunes will be synced to your ipod even after restoration.
    I hope that answers your question.