Will show girls be banned in Vegas and California next?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, Jul 16, 2019.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Proof that Radical Feminism really hate Men!

3. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I have known women who have done this sort of thing, although it was a very long time ago. It's part time irregular work that pays okay relative to the requirements. I am definitely skeptical regarding claims that this contributes to any kind of sexism. It probably won't have a big impact on the number of jerks that attend. Those kinds of things are a way of grabbing attention from people, primarily men, who are already in attendance.

4. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Someone is offended by sexualized women? Ohhhh let’s play a game! Which group is offended: conservative evangelicals or liberal feminists?

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If women as a group weren’t offended why are showgirls in retreat?

Besides there’s plenty of adult content on the internet if you want to see naked women.

6. TheFluffyDuck macrumors 6502

Feminists fighting for womens rights in the workplace by destroying the careers of other women. Logic!

7. laptech macrumors 6502

laptech

Well the women that are doing the complaining have only got themselves to blame if a lucrative revenue stream is closed off to them because they complain of being objectified and sexualised. 'Boot Girl's are being banned from car and tech shows, 'Grid Girls' have been banned from Formula 1 racing, bikini section of Miss World pageant banned.

'Sex' sells and businesses know this. You could have the worst product in the world but you put an attractive lady on the booth handing out promotional material and people will attend that booth. The problem is 'exploitation'. These same businesses know there are plenty of women out there who have fallen on hard times or students who want some extra cash to help with their studies or other stuff and they will use that to their advantage and that is where the problem lies. Individuals, modeling agencies and talent agencies taking advantage and even to the point of exploiting their models just so these individuals and agencies can make money, as much money as they can.

The women do not need to wear clothing that looks close to underwear or bodysuits that hug their body so tight that it shows 'EVERYTHING, this i agree with those saying so in the article. If a business want's to add a bit of glamour to their booth i have no issue with that as long as it's doing properly. The business should deal with the women directly, explain to them what is required, what clothing they are being asked to wear and how much they will be paid. Never pressure the women or entice them with money. Allow them to make the decisions on what they are or are not comfortable with, work with them instead of saying NO, i want one who will do as i SAY. This is wrong and as such attitudes need to change.

If a female student, young mother, women looking to earn a bit extra money for themselves want to be a booth girl or a grid girl then they should be allowed to, as long as the requirements for them doing the job are done tastefully and respectfully of their wishes.

8. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

They are killed the race girls and car girls too! So it’s not a surprise to me they are now going after show girls!

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

This is ridiculous.

These feminists are basically stereotyping. Which is the very premise they are supposedly against.

Yes, men and women can look and admire another women's beauty without it being sexual. Even if she's showing some skin. There's a limit to everything though, but these showroom girls don't come close to that limit.

A women's beauty will always be used for marketing. Even straight women pay more attention to beautiful women.

10. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

I have attended a lot of exhibitions in Asia and just about all exhibitions have show girls in Asia. Hong Kong,Taiwan,Japan,South Korea,Thailand and even communist China:p allows them at the exhibitions. In Thailand at the jewelry exhibitions the women wear the jewelry to show jewelry off.

11. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

As a moderate income male I’m offended by gold diggers. I request a public ban on sharp dressed men in flashy cars. Women can’t control themselves so it’s important to not tempt them to see men as nothing more than a walking wallet.

12. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Same could be said about British accents. :)

On the other hand, what about women being able to do what they want with their bodies? Did anyone ever think that some women actually get off being ogled?

13. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

If women want to use their youthful good looks for profit and attention that’s fine by me. But when their youth starts to fade they should have a next phase plan and not complain about their new reality or be resentful of their replacements. That’s the cycle of life.

14. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Fine by me as well. But there is always somebody who is not affected by it at all wanting to stop them from being able to do it.

Don't know if they are ugly women who are just jealous they can't do it or for some other reason, but quite frankly, it's none of their damn business.

15. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Well, perhaps having scantily clad women near products is not as great a marketing ploy as some might imagine. Anybody have actual empirical evidence in this regard? or does this just create an opportunity for men in power to act like Trump Epstein Weinstein Cosby etc. barbarians?

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Italian accent works wonders too. Trust me. :D

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Chloroform beats height looks and accents ........................ :p

18. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

You didn't hear that aged out of hotness and hard on the eyes are two new protected classes now? Ignorance of this week's new protected classes list is no excuse. You should be shamed and doxed for your insensitivity.

19. stylinexpat, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019

stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

People consider these showgirls as bad for the show then..?

Has anyone been to a car exhibition in Seoul? I want to go.. :)

20. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

I guess Samsung and all the tacky PC computer companies won't be able to advertise their wares any more.