Will someone explain why Bernie was devoid of plan?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Mar 7, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Just saying "no" to fracking sounds great. (I apologize for the incomplete subject line, where it should read "Will someone explain why Bernie was devoid of plan regarding fracking?" Was unable to edit...)

It's sorta like saying "no" to drugs, but providing no plan for energy solutions, which then leads to ignorance on the ubiquity of oil-based products...

This is an issue where overnight change is just not going to happen. Even a best case scenario takes weeks or months and given how most people in America would not be able to afford (almost, thanks to the necessary forms of plastic) oil-free electric cars to replace oil/gas-based cars with and the car makers aren't going to have any trade-in incentives worth having, and how "cash for clunkers" was an outright joke to begin with...

More from the following link below -- I might like some of Sanders' ideas, but Clinton seems to have both ideas, middle of the road compromises where the good and bad have to be fairly accepted (since Obama learned quickly that compromise has to be done) and means to get them implemented with a bit more thought and planning and having the companies adhere to needed and just rules and regulations, since I doubt the execs will drink the water in the areas they're fracking - out of sight, out of mind, but I digress:

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2016/03/06/3757137/sanders-hits-clinton-on-fracking/

2. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

“No Battle Plan Survives Contact With the Enemy” -- Helmuth von Moltke

This is why I'm not all that interested in hearing what someones plan is I just want to know what their ideas are.

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Apathy and detachment has never looked better.