Will someone PLEASE sell me their Powermac G5 Airport antenna?

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
Someone who's not using it? I bought a used PM and it didn't come with it. I need to it get online at my house, and the guy I bought the PM from apparently can't find it.

Thanks!

Ryan

AIM: rltelesca
Email: rltelesca at gmail dot com

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Ryan T. said:
Someone who's not using it? I bought a used PM and it didn't come with it. I need to it get online at my house, and the guy I bought the PM from apparently can't find it.

Thanks!

Ryan

Would that happen to be the same as the original AirPort antenna in the G4's? I have one of those.

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
dsharits said:
Would that happen to be the same as the original AirPort antenna in the G4's? I have one of those.
I don't think so. It's an external little piece of aluminum like the PM G5 itself...

Baron58

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2004
Ryan T. said:

Thanks!

Ryan

If I can find one still hanging around at work, I'll mail it to you. I've tossed a bunch of them, but there still may be one in a drawer or storage bin. I'll see on Monday.

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
Baron58 said:
If I can find one still hanging around at work, I'll mail it to you. I've tossed a bunch of them, but there still may be one in a drawer or storage bin. I'll see on Monday.
Thank you so much!!!

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
See... that's awesome. The Mac community is friendly and everyone helps each other with their Apple dilemmas and such. Warms my heart ;)

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
mikemodena said:
See... that's awesome. The Mac community is friendly and everyone helps each other with their Apple dilemmas and such. Warms my heart ;)
I'm fairly new here, but this is one of the best online communities I've ever been a part of. Always willing to help. :)

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
ITASOR said:
Just curious...where do you work/go to school in Rochester?
I'm working at Bausch and Lomb for this summer on co-op. When schools resumes I'm a junior at Rochester Institute of Technology :)

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
Baron58 said:
top :)

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Cool I hear that's a good college. My uncle teaches at Brighton School District in Rochester.

ichoosedeath

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2004
Buffalo, NY
mxpiazza said:
i got an almost-deaf friend that is in the program at RIT, he loves it

Dane Cook was there a few months ago.. he thought it was amazing he was close captioned..

"I'm close captioned.. I'm closed captioned for the Dance Cook impared.. Tell them I like hot dogs.. write it.. tell them I like hot dogs!"

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
ichoosedeath said:
Dane Cook was there a few months ago.. he thought it was amazing he was close captioned..

"I'm close captioned.. I'm closed captioned for the Dance Cook impared.. Tell them I like hot dogs.. write it.. tell them I like hot dogs!"
Great show.

The new Gordon Field House is all around amazing.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
ichoosedeath said:

Dane Cook is my hero.

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
ichoosedeath said:
Is it that little silver t-shaped dealy that comes with new Powermacs? I have one.. But I have no idea what it's value is..
That's it!

PM me if you're interested in parting with it :)

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
Sharewaredemon said:
Dane Cook is my hero.
dane cook does kick some serious ass, but back to the orignal post. Do you really need that antenna? I really haven't seen that many that do have it and they still work fine gettin on the web.