Will Space Grey with no case hold up compared to Slate 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lawlbringer, Oct 16, 2013.

1. lawlbringer macrumors regular

I just switched from a white iPhone 5 to a "Space Grey" 5s. I tried the only TPU case I really liked(Belkin Candy Grip) and I can't stand the dust/lint that builds up around the edges of the case and the phone. I am tempted to rock it naked like I did my white 5, but I'm wondering if that's a good idea considering the Slate colored 5 model scuffed so easily.

It looks like the lighter color and better construction this time around would allow it to be fine. My white 5 held up fine outside of a small nick or two that were entirely my fault(not enough to lose much value at all though.)

Anyone else own a Space Grey 5s and not use a case? Has anyone dropped theirs thus far?

2. Kidder1994 macrumors regular

men, you came from an white&silver 5??? if you used it whitout any case, how it holds up about scuffs?

3. Whtchdr macrumors regular

Spigen sells a clear plastic back protector that you can buy to keep the phone from scratching easily. Otherwise you can expect even the new space gray version to scratch. I have the gold version currently and I hate cases so the plastic shield was the way to go for me.

4. fortheus macrumors regular

Mine is still hold up without scratch mark from launch weekend till today.

5. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

They will both scratch equally but the lighter 5S color might show less.