Will the 2.8Ghz MBP be available in store tomorrow or just the standard configuration

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CoolMacDude, Oct 14, 2008.

1. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

I ordered a 2.8Ghz MBP with the 320gb 7200rpm drive. It hasn't shipped and I can still cancel it. If there is a chance the 2.8Ghz model would be in stock even with the 5400 rpm drive I would rather pick it up in store. I could then eventually take the 40 I save on the drive to put towards the 500gb 7200 drives that are reportedly on the way soon.

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

I'm not sure the 2.8Ghz models will ever be stocked in the retail store. You should call and ask.

3. CoolMacDude thread starter macrumors regular

I called earlier and they told me they normally get all processor configurations but that they wouldn't know until after lunch tomorrow or possibly Thursday. They said they don't always receive products next day that it is usually second business day and they don't know what they are getting until they have it in hand.

So I guess we'll find out when I call tomorrow. I was hoping maybe someone at another apple store was giving out more info. It have 1 apple store 30 mins away and another about 60. Both were built in the last year.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

They usually stock the maximum configuration which means maxed out everything.