Will the 5 have a smaller SIM

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brad9753, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Brad9753 macrumors member

Brad9753

Whats the likelihood of this? Will everyone who buys it have to then wait for a smaller sim to be sent from their network? I seem to remember a long wait for them to clear the backlog last time the SIM size was changed. Bit of a pain..

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

They're shipped with SIMs, no?

3. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

Tmobile Germany has started shipping out nano sims for their "Bring your unlocked iphone to us" deal. So it's very likely we will see a nano sim. Also the iPhone is expected to be thinner meaning that's another way the could keep it thin.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Please explain to me in full sentences why the phone wouldn't ship with the new card. It's cool, I can wait.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, they will send you the phone but you gotta wait a few weeks for the sim.
    Then a week later you will receive the charger and usb wire:D

6. Brad9753 thread starter macrumors member

Brad9753

I will keep it simple and say it slowly for you. When buying an iphone from the Apple Store (as I have), it is unlocked for any network. You then choose your tariff and network and they send you the card, apple do not. Clear?

Hope the wait was not unbearably long..

7. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

That's not how it works in the US at least.

8. Brad9753 thread starter macrumors member

Brad9753

Are you high?

Why has this question created such a stir, in the UK this is how it works when buying it unlocked from the Apple Store.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

He was clearly being sarcastic b/c he thought the question was absurd.

OP, could you state where you are b/c different countries have different SIM policies/practices.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    It was a joke.
    You didnt say you were buying it unlocked and hoping your particular GSM provider has micro sims or nanosims available on release date.
    Every carrier is different. Some make sure they have them in stock others might take forever to get them in.
    You need to ask them instead. Nobody here would be able to give you a solid answer especially when we dont even know what type of sim the next iphone will use.

11. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

No not everyone, just ask the apple store for a free one if your in Canada or the US. You might try going to a physical store of your wireless provider and ask them for a sim card if the apple store in the UK does not give then out.

12. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Judging by the leak from T-Mobile Germany, carriers are already loading up on the new nano SIM. Especially since they were involved in picking the new SIM standard. Do you really think Apple or carriers would make people wait to use their new phone?

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

A smaller sim might be one of the better features of the phone...