Will the A5 to A6 chip be as big of an improvement as iPhone 3GS to iP4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by braddick, Aug 31, 2012.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

How much faster can our iPhones become? I'm pleased with the performance of the 4S, especially so over the 3GS.

Will the new iPhone5 A6 processor offer an equal, in your opinion, upgrade from the current configuration?

And the rumored camera upgrade. Will it be as awakening as the upgrade from the iPhone4 to the 4S?

I'm honestly debating whether to upgrade (current model is the 4S).
    The size difference means little to nothing for me and in some ways, prefer the slightly smaller 4S as it'll fit in my pocket easier, so it's going to take a hardware upgrade to motivate me.

2. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

Uh, there is a LOT of room for improvement.

Right now on WiFi on my iMac, most sites load instantaneously <1 second.

My iPhone loads the site in a couple of seconds.

3. SR71 macrumors 68000

How is anyone supposed to know? The next iPhone hasn't been released, and no one knows for sure if it'll even have an A6 processor, although it's rumored to have it. Only way this can be answered is after the release so people can compare it to a 4S.

4. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

Come on, steady now.
    this is a rumors site. Of course no one knows, but I have learned there are plenty of tech people on these forums that are tons smarter than me (and, possibly even you) that might have a speculation or two worth reading.

5. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I think it's implied that we speculate.

6. SR71 macrumors 68000

Alrighty then, I'll speculate that it most definitely will be a big improvement. Most likely a new architecture or possibly even Cortex A15 based (this is what I'm hoping for).