Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
thought about blowing that much money to go with the new macbook ona nice display, prob wont give in, but comparing the imacs to the cinema display, the display looks like a brick.

what do yuo guys expect anything to happen to it?

Mr MM

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2011
I hope so, but Im only really expecting one next year with TB 2.0

Mark-Technology

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2011
Hard to say because with a new Mac Pro being released, I would expect a new display as well. However, seeing how Thunderbolt is still fairly new and TB 2.0 won't arrive this year, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no refresh on the displays.

Zeov

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
Odense
i'm confused why they didn't do it together with the iMac update, i mean who the hell would buy a cinema display after seeing how thin the iMac could get?

Apple sure is weird.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
i'm confused why they didn't do it together with the iMac update, i mean who the hell would buy a cinema display after seeing how thin the iMac could get?

Apple sure is weird.

Supply issues. They already had trouble shipping enough of the new iMac screens because of the tricky lamination process. They're probably waiting for the supply process of those displays to smooth out before basing a cinema display on the same panels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.