Will the insanity be on par with last year at launch - should I just wait a few weeks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slate1, Jun 16, 2008.

1. slate1 macrumors regular

I'm wondering if the insanity seen last year will resurface this year at the 3g launch.

I'm tempted to try and get it the weekend of launch but am probably not willing to make it a 4 hour+ ordeal; at the same time I don't want them to sell out and not be available again until, say, late August either! :rolleyes:

what to do, what to do... I'm in the Charlotte, NC market and will have to probably go to the AT&T store due to fact that I'll be doing a family plan and my wife will want to pick out a non-iPhone standard phone as well.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hopefully, it will be the same, if not, it'll take all the fun out of the "camping-out experience." We'll see in about (25) days, depending on what part of this Earth you presently reside. :p

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Many don't think it will be as crazy, but who's to say? I'm betting (*hoping) it will be available that weekend based on hype and the amount of time they have been given to distribute the phones throughout June and early July.

4. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

I don't think it will big as big as in the US. Everyone who wants an iPhone badly enough to get it on the first day has already gotten their first gen iPhone and I doubt that all of them will be getting the 3G version. In other countries that get the iPhone for the first time however, it would probably be just as big.

5. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I think I'm just going to see if the AT&T store by my work will have some. I'll just pick them up on the way home. I think the Apple store is going to be packed. Especially if they are going to wait until 6pm to start selling them.

6. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i hope it isn't as big, though I am planning on getting there about 10am. I am keeping that day clear!

7. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I thinking a calm just walk in the store pick up my new iPhone and walk out type thing, but it can NEVER be that easy.

8. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

i don't know about you guys, but walking into the at&t store and walking out just doesn't work. . especially if you're buying something. the only time i've ever walked in and then right out is when i asked if they could fix my blackberry pearl (may he rest in pieces. . ), played with the iphone, and then walked out. the at&t store by my house (ok, like a 10 minute drive) is always packed. . oh well.

9. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Only the Apple Zealots are going to go crazy over a 3G iPhone. Most people don't even know what that means. It doesn't look different enough from the first model.

The iPhone was last summer's wii...everyone had to have one because it was the cool thing to do.

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

The Indianapolis store didn't sell out until the evening of July 2. I remember walking in on the 29th in the evening and picking up an Airport Extreme, and I was in and out in under five minutes. The crowds died down last year, so I would just suggest going later in the evening. If they're open until midnight again this time, go as late as you can and you should be fine.