Will the iPhone 5 get better?

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
Like when the iPhone 4 had the antenna problem, they fixed it and they eventually didnt do that when verizon got their iPhones released.

Will the iPhone 5 problems eventually be fixed the same way?

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
What problems are you referring to? I no longer use an iPhone but as far as I know, barring the issue with Maps, the iPhone 5 is very solid.

Or am I missing something?

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
What problems are you referring to? I no longer use an iPhone but as far as I know, barring the issue with Maps, the iPhone 5 is very solid.

Or am I missing something?
You're missing nothing... Other than lens flare and people discovering that metal scratches:confused:

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
Like when the iPhone 4 had the antenna problem, they fixed it and they eventually didnt do that when verizon got their iPhones released.

Will the iPhone 5 problems eventually be fixed the same way?
The antenna of the iPhone was never "fixed". It was a non-issue that was blown out of proportion and forgotten. It was a great parlor trick however, putting it in the Vulcan death grip and watching the bars drop, but that's about it. Not an issue in the real world use of the phone. The new phone is just fine and doesn't need "fixing". I've got a black one and it's an excellent phone. Go out and buy yourself one and enjoy.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
I wasn't aware of antenna issues for one. But to answer your question, my guess is that it will improve with iOS 6.1

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Verizon released a software update today that fixed an issue wherein the phone would switch to LTE or use LTE even when you were on wifi.

I gobbled up over 2GB just a couple days into my cycle. Luckily I have unlimited.

Hopefully this helps with battery life too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.