Will the iPhone 6 have QuickCharge feature?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noob17, Sep 5, 2014.

1. noob17 macrumors member

Just wanted to see what others thought about whether the next gen iPhone would have a similar feature to some of the android phones that have recently be announced?

Personally, i think it would be a nice feature to have.

Thoughts ppl?

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Quick charge would be good. Over-the-air wireless charging would be good.

A battery that lasts 2 days would be great. ;)

:apple:

3. recoil80 macrumors 68020

I want a better battery life, that would be a nice feature to have.
    A quicker charge may be ok, but if you need to charge it quickly it means you are charging in the middle of the day, and that's what I'd try to avoid.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd prefer wiresless charging over quick charge. I don't think we'll see either though :(

5. Jazper macrumors 6502a

QuickCharge reduces battery life, so it's only really worth it for phones with a removable battery. Wireless charging would be nice, but eh, they can't add too many features - what would the 6S have?!

6. recoil80 macrumors 68020

Wireless charging make sense if is widely adopted and if there is a common standard. If you have a wireless charging pad between some desk at office for example, and you can find the pad at Starbucks then it's ok, wireless charging is a cool feature.
    I read an article about Starbucks offering wireless charge for customers using a standard not compatible with Nokia devices.
    So first we need a widely adopted standard, then we'll see wireless charging to almost every smartphone and tablet on the market.

If you don't have a public wireless charging pad what's the advantage of charging your phone wirelessly? If you need to plug the pad, then put your phone on the pad is not very convenient.