Will the Jailbreak market for the iPad be as popular as the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by wnxgenral, Jan 27, 2010.

1. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

This is the most interesting thing to me.... Because if this thing got jailbroken and people supported it like they do the iPhone... I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

2. wnxgenral thread starter macrumors 6502

how noone is flooding this thread kills me. this is the most interesting thing for me... Jailbroken this thing would kick ass..

3. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

yeas

i hope so i just sold my sony and kindle readers today i hope there are lots of books available for this...i really need motivation to start reading

4. meagain macrumors 68030

5. w00tini macrumors 6502a

it will be huge in my estimation. no one will be afraid of nerfing their ATT account.

6. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

sole

i am going to buy this for the sole purpose of enjoying hacked applications and being able to control my pc remotely from a tablet specially if file transfer is possible....itll be sick... out of curiosity if any of you are buying one are you buying the wifi model? or the 3g model...im not paying for anotehr data plan i alreayd pay for an iphone and a blackberry i wish it was free like amazon's

7. tys macrumors 6502

Yes!

This thing will absolutely ROCK with Jailbreak!
    I hope we don't have to wait too terribly long.

8. tys macrumors 6502

I'm undecided on wifi vs 3G.
    I've got MyWi on my iPhone for tethering, so I could get by with Wifi only, but I'm considering 3G just so I at least have the option. The fact that it's another month wait for 3G is also a factor. The temptation to get one ASAP may be too great;)
    I'm leaning toward just getting the cheapest base model at first, then going for all the bells and whistles for the next generation.

9. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Id be down. But for the love of god, why does apple make it necesary to do so?

10. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

Yes!

Jailbreak on my iPhone does not make sense. My phone is factory carrier unlocked and couldn't be bothered.

Jailbreak on this iPad thing, totally! I hope urgently they (1) jailbreak (2) tethering app to iPhone for 3G data.

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This thing will be ridiculously cool when jailbroken. I don't really like jailbreaking my phone (as if it's not buggy enough as a 3G with 3.1.2) but jailbreaking that thing would be siiiiiiick

12. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

While I would never jailbreak my iPhone or iPod Touch, I will definitely consider jailbreaking my iPad, that is if I ever buy one.

13. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

I don't understand Jailbraking technology, but could the fact that the processor is custom made play a role in making jailbraking more difficult?

14. M87 macrumors 65816

If you jailbreak your iPhone you can share its connection with the iPad using WiFi.

15. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

I have a feeling that this thing will not be crackable.

16. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

With the unlimited plan (if it is unlimited) I doubt Apple is going to let Jail breaking go easy this time... Because if I can have an unlimited plan on my iPad and tether it to my computer goodbye home plan! Apple won't let this slide but we'll see!

17. Billy Boo Bob macrumors 6502

Billy Boo Bob

Wow. My feeling were kind of mixed on this thing, but I didn't even think about jailbreaking. That changes my thinking a bit.

It's been a long time since I jailbroke by iPhone (since the App Store, basically). Although mine is basically just an iPod now (couldn't keep up the family plan), it's still just a first gen, anyway, so tethering isn't really an option here. But the fun of getting under the hood seems more appealing with this thing.

I just hope a bunch of developers don't abandon the iPhone/iPod Touch when they start writing for this device.