Will the new iPhone have black bands?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LeeMac2012, Sep 5, 2012.

1. LeeMac2012 macrumors newbie

What do you guys think? Haven't seen a lot of actual hardware showing the black band iPhone for a while. Do you think they are replacing it with the silver band and just have a black front and back like we have now?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The general consensus is they're going with darker band/metal housing for the black iPhone and untinted band/metal housing for the white iPhone, but whether it's as black as some of the mockups remains to be seen. We'll find out on September 12th.

iPhones assembled from leaked parts don't mean much as they could mix the various components, using parts for the white iPhone for black and vice versa.

3. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

If that black metal band is real for the black iPhone "5", then this may be the first time ever that the black iPhone looks better than the white one.

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Whatever is in the latest leak is what we'll get.

5. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Either way I think this body design will look better in black which is the phone I will be getting.

6. troop231 macrumors 603

That's personal opinion.

IMO, the white looks uglier because the sensors are more noticeable, and the white bezel makes viewing videos and photos not as good as the black model.

There is a reason why almost all TV's have black bezels.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That doesn't mean much because they could be mixing parts for white and black iPhones, i.e. assembling white iPhone untinted band/metal housing with black iPhone unibody. We even got a leak a while back showing a white iPhone 5 with black top and bottom.

We'll find out for sure on Sept 12th.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree.
    That black band I saw in some leaked pics looked hot.