Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bob616

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Apple seems to be adopting the IPS display in more and more of there computers now. Does anyone think that the new iPhone will have one?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
do they even make ips displays that small

They don't. Also, I imagine they consume a bit too much energy for the mobile market. Also, the iPhone is too personal and too small to have to people actively watching something without getting tired by looking at the small screen. Unlike the bigger screened iPad.

grahamnp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2008
I don't think anyone makes them that small although apart from the iPad, I don't know of any IPS screen that small either. I think Apple could easily get them manufactured because of the sheer numbers being sold. I think they won't to keep this feature exclusive to the iPad and there might be other issues with fitting this kind of display in a device so small.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I swear I was just reading some specs about some product that had an IPS display. I thought it was a phone. Wish i could remember it now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.