Will the 'pressure point' blemish on the 6S Plus be addressed in a hardware revision?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Silver Idaten, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Against my better judgment, I read a thread on here today about defects and this came up. Apparently all 6S Pluses have this weird pressure point on the left side near the bottom, probably a component touching the LCD too hard underneath. Some have it worse than others, but all of them have it. I know on the one I have, it's a very distracting dark blotch when scrolling through any site with a white background (so all of them) or the Settings menu. I'm going to return it and wait a few months to see if the hardware will improve.

For example, the Air 2 and its distortion problems. Eventually many of the newer ones no longer have that issue, so they must've done something.

If there's no improvement I'm thinking about just getting the regular 6S, but I feel that would be more like settling.

2. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I don't know about "all" of them but I assure you I have nothing like what you describe and right now I'm on a pure white screen. So I guess it's not all of them o_O

3. Silver Idaten thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll check out some more demo units when I go return this one, but apparently it's a pretty common issue with the Plus.

4. joydens macrumors member

no issue on my plus - examined my screen very carefully and nothing wrong with it.

5. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

6. Buringcoals macrumors member

Your info is wrong. None of the 6+s I have seen have this issue, including mine.

7. jqc macrumors regular

I bought two 6S+, one had the pressure and I returned it. the other had a blue book spine effect one left side but no pressure point, but as of this morning it seems to be all but gone. Unfortunate still going to swap or as Apple logo is misaligned and want to get the att version instead of tmo for extra radio band.

8. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

9. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

I don't have this issue on my iPhone 6s Plus.

10. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I was annoyed when I read about this as it sounded like all had it, but I haven't seen it. I looked 2-3x and I won't look again, because if I haven't found it now, I'd prefer not to find it. :)

11. vpvasquez11 macrumors newbie

12. asfalloth macrumors member

asfalloth

13. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I have it ever so slightly at the lower left of the display. So long as it isn't going to get bigger/worse or cause a display failure at some point it doesn't bother me unduly. Aside from this one as of now minor fault my phone is perfect and unless it can be demonstrated that this is going to get worse I'll keep my 6S+.

14. Gooberton macrumors 65816

I think they do all have it , I don't really see it much on white screen , very faint, but if you go to the dead pixel website and try all the colors you can see it ! Pisses me off. Can I return the phone after a few months or will they say I caused the problem ?

15. Gooberton macrumors 65816

Lol did you post a picture? We wouldn't be able to see it, it's on your display not the picture

16. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Huh? No picture posted.

17. Silver Idaten thread starter macrumors 6502

Man, I hope my info is wrong. Anyone have a picture of theirs without this point/blotch?

I still wonder if returning it and waiting a few months may see some improvements with build quality.

18. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

19. KRG, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015

KRG macrumors regular

KRG

My screen is awesome! My Air 2 screen is great too. I do see what may be a hint of a pressure point in the lower left corner but it's so imperceptible that I can't believe anyone would notice during normal use unless they're crazy. I literally have to stare at my screen hard for a prolonged period of time to try to find it, and even then I'm not sure it isn't just my mind playing tricks since I'm looking for it. It's that minor. Maybe some have it worse.

I don't think any lcd panel is 100% perfect. Upon inspection, one will find some minor imperfection. This is not exclusive to Apple either as some were suggesting. I bought a high end Samsung tv this year and had to exchange it due to defects. Mass produced electronics produce these types of things all the time. 90% of consumers don't notice so it doesn't matter.

20. JXShine macrumors 6502

JXShine

I have this problem too and I requested an express replacement from Apple. I'm going to be pissed if the replacement also has this issue

21. JXShine macrumors 6502

JXShine

Really? It's obvious to me on almost every page with white background; it is extremely distracting when scrolling through contents to see a shadow there.

If I paid $1200 CAD on a phone, I am going to exchange the hell out of it before I get a perfect one. Perhaps Apple should tell those factory workers to smarten up with their quality control.

22. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I totally understand that argument but the exchange game is a total gamble. You can end up with the same display issues, worse display issues, loose buttons, scratches and other hardware faults...plus you have to go through all the backups & setting up multiple new phones.

My 'pressure point' is very minor and preferential when compared to yellow screens or uneven backlighting. However, if it is going to get worse or cause complete display failure somewhere down the line then that's a different matter.

23. jtrue28 macrumors 6502

jtrue28

I don't see this pressure point on either of our 6s+ phones. The only thing I have seen on both of our phones is a ripple effect at the very top of the LCD screen above the clock. You don't see it unless you look at the phone from an angle. Is this "normal" or are we going to have to get new phones?

24. Silver Idaten thread starter macrumors 6502

That was my problem too, I was scrolling this very forum on there and it was very distracting to see this faint shadow spot. The only way you don't really see it is if you set it to max brightness, but I prefer to keep auto brightness on.

25. KRG, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015

KRG macrumors regular

KRG

I edited my initial post. On mine, I don't have a shadow that I see during normal use, even on a white screen. I have to focus my eyes on the area to see what 'maybe' looks like a tiny tiny shadow. I have pretty bad ocd as well (I traded a 5 month old Porsche after a minor fender bender because I couldn't stand the non-factory paint) and this 'spot' doesn't bother me. Yours must be worse. If it's obviously noticeable just scrolling through a webpage id exchange it too.