Will the T-Mobile iPhone X work with a activated Verizon SIM from my old phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Oct 28, 2017.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Like if I take it out and put it on my T-Mobile iPhone X ?
    Since it’s just switching phones ?
    Someone said that there won’t be any problem.

I paid full for the T-Mobile iPhone X
    So it should be unlocked.

2. chrfr macrumors 604

The T-Mobile phone isn’t compatible with CDMA so you won’t have service if LTE isn’t available.

3. bad1550 macrumors regular

Can you please clarify? If there is LTE available Can I use my Verizon Sim with the T-Mobile iPhone X?

4. DJosche macrumors regular

DJosche

It won't recognize it. There's two 'frequencies' let's call it. One is GSM (AT&T / T-Mobile) and the other is CDMA (Verizon and Sprint.)

5. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Wouldn't Data work but no phone calls since the phones calls would be on CDMA but the Data is on LTE (GSM)? I've been reading conflicting stories about this.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The Intel chip in the AT&T/T-Mobile iPhone X does not support the technologies required for Verizon/Sprint (whose iPhone X feature an Qualcomm chip).

This is because CDMA technology (which is old as hell) was developed by Qualcomm; I guess Intel really isn't interested in licensing this legacy tech.

If there is 4G LTE, theoretically Verizon supports VoLTE (basically IP calling over the LTE network) so you can make calls. For places with no 4G service, the phone would have no service, making calls would be a moot point.

7. OcramSagev macrumors member

I don't think is due to lack of interest but rather that Qualcomm owns the patent for CDMA