Will the Third Presidential Debate Take Place?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I bet no. If I was Hillary I would not want to subject myself to any more of his personal attacks and abuse.

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Clinton won't back out of a debate. She's heard everything at least twice now.

Trump might not be up for it. I think all the easy days are over for Trump in this campaign. Everyone with a keyboard is unloading the October surprises. Trump picked fights all summer over trivial stuff w/ people who "buy ink by the barrel" so now's payback time for the media. They could not care less if they're accused of being unfair at this point, he's accused them of that since get-go for breathing while press-credentialed. They don't even care if they become part of his "it was rigged" complaint. He invited this and here it comes.

But we're probably all willing to watch the third debate if he shows up, aren't we. Showman to the end. He'll be there unless some legal circumstance trashes his calendar.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well hopefully he can come up with some facts. that sniffling thing is getting old. maybe more then 10 people will watch it this time.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Interesting. So you think it won't happen because HRC backs out? Every time they've debated, she's come off as the winner. Surely that makes it easier to bear some personal attacks.

I don't see either side backing out now. Trump is desperate for a win, and Clinton knows exactly how to handle him.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    I think I may watch it, just to see how how far Trump is willing to go. This will be his last chance.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well now we have 11 people. I would have watched the last one but for some reason my daughter wanted me at her wedding.

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Trump is already spiraling out of control.... he forgets what his mission is.

TrumpAsWhirlwind.jpg

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oh she'll show up. Hillary's whole plan is to stand there and let a man beat up on her making her look like a victim. She is playing a particular card and Trump doesn't even seem to realize it:

image.png

8. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

Why would Hillary backout of the third debate? Trump has to be the worst debater that I have ever seen. I don't care much of Hillary, but Trump all he does during the debate is to do personal attacks. An when he does talk about the issues he makes such outlandish statements that one doesn't have to bother fact checking. Trump has the classic "Foot-in-Mouth" disease when it comes to debating. This is one election where I think everyone will just be glad when it's over, so we can move on with our everyday lives.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Trump has no filter. Endless soundbites and fodder for the news. He thinks that any press is good press. He hasn't learned that in this election, that's anything but the case. He's also deluded himself that since he knocked out the other (R) candidates, that he's unstoppable.

His surrogacy is laughable right now as they try to spin things such as the fact that he's "not" running a negative campaign - and that's Hillary. That Hillary is doing the name calling. All while ignoring the fact that all Hillary is doing is parroting back - word for word - what Trump has said.

Hillary isn't winning this election so much as Trump is just losing it for himself.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 13, 2016 ---
    Did you read this? http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/reporters-its-time-to-burn-donald-trump-1787304639

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

It's a novel way to get out of a third debate, using the courtroom right after Bill Cosby was done with it.
    Why wouldn't he think what we are all told all the time, "there is no such thing as bad publicity"? Is Trump doing America a favor by showing how it might not be? Let's see some proof.
    Yes, and sexism, racism, and other forms of isms are nothing more than pitiful pandering. She didn't need to devolve to that level, but it's okay when they do it.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

He's losing the election. Do you need more proof?

12. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I know a lot of people who will not consider watching the 3rd debate. I will be watching. I imagine it will be 90 minutes of Hillary answering the questions posed, and Trump screeching about Bill's infidelities.

13. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I can't imagine a scenario where either would back out. In particular, for Trump
    1. He's behind and needs an avenue to re-assert some semblance of dominance (for his psyche). This is his best chance to prove to America that no one respects women -- and Americans -- more than him. He gets one potentially last chance to rail against the machine while still in a place to be a player in it.
    2. He's behind and while he can resist advice all he wants, just as he was likely "forced" to "apologize" by his inner circle I imagine they'd leverage him into this no matter what.
    3. He can rail against the RNC all he wants; he needs their organization if he's bad-mouthing him. They have precious little control over him but I'm sure this they'd insist on.
    4. With the latest eruption of scandals, no amount of surrogates (and everyone I've seen is leading with the asterisk of "I believe it when he says he didn't do it but I've only known him for x months/years" etc. Even Conway and Lewindowsky. He needs to be the face of his defense -- and not just at his rallies.
    5. He knows I have nothing better to do on a Wednesday night.

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I hope it does take place. I also hope that the organizers remove oxygen from the room for 15 minutes.
    Jeez man, I spit my coffee all over my iPP laughing at the card. Don't do it again please, these devices are expensive!

15. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Some of us will have already voted, and thus don't really care except for the lols.

16. samcraig macrumors P6

I find watching the debate and then the nighttime talk shows and SNL that much funnier

17. Huntn, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

The second debate marked a historic low point in civility. I cringe at the prospect of watching chapter 3 of this spectacle. Most likely I won't, but will watch a summary afterwards.
    I can agree with both your and @LizKat's assessments. I guess that's why I'm not Hillary. ;) He has no more chances to use, he's done. As mentioned, everything now is a repeat for him while new women are coming out of the woodwork daily to rub his nose in his hypocracy. He sees the personal attack route as a winner, and talking issues, which he can't do competently as a loser. He's done. Hillary proved that keeping your cool, not whining to the moderators, and talking issues goes a long way.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

I wonder if Hillary will have an open invite to everyone accusing Trump of sexual misconduct to be in the audience. How many invites do they get? ;)

19. 5684697 Suspended

Are you kidding? Trump's childish and vindictive blathering about voting against Republicans is her greatest asset!

Although he could wound her enough that she can't get much done as president. Which is nice.

20. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

They should cut it off at half the audience chairs to be fair. ;)

21. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

The first debate was the most watched debate ever. The second debate fell down to 10th place. The third debate might be one of the least watched.

22. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

My theory has all ready been dismissed. :p

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Were ate all his supporters that told us how great he would debate and win???

24. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Hillary fans are fatiqued with baseless repeat attacks coming from a vile candidate and Trust fans don't want to watch their ship breaking up on the rocks? ;)

25. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Neither one is going to back out. I don't think the debate will change much, one candidate hasn't figured out how to appeal to those sitting on the fence and the other doesn't have to do or say much because the other is an unraveling dumpster fire. It's like watching someone run into a wall head first repeatedly.