Will there be lines at AT&T stores on the 29th?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by themkook, Jun 27, 2010.

1. themkook macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if you guys think AT&T stores will have long lines of people waiting to get the 4 when it's out for everyone on June 29th? You think it will be like launch day - i.e. you recommend camping out?

2. CliffLee macrumors newbie

3. mrrich macrumors newbie

I live in Orange County CA, and I will say there are probably 8 or 9 AT&T stores compared to the 1 Apple Store. I just did a "find a store" zip code search on the AT&T site and there were 18 stores within a 5 mile radius, 31 + stores within a 10 mile radius though not all the stores are "factory" stores (Affordable Portables, etc.). There will be more stores, but I can't imagine each store will have more than 200 phones each. With Apple Stores getting more (hopefully) and Best Buy, Radio Shack, things look good for next week.

Yes, I think there will be lines.

4. 2002cbr600f4i macrumors 6502

Well, there may be lines, but unless apple manages to get enough to AT&T to cover all the pre-orders and then some, it might all be for naught...

5. Lruiz macrumors newbie

The iPhone 4 is in high demand and many people were not able to get one on launch day. More than likely there will be lines on the AT&T stores and apple stores to get the iPhone, maybe not as long as launch day but there will be lines so if I was you, I would make sure to get there early, I was one of the person that wasn't able to pre order my iPhone so I was in line for 12 hours got to the apple store at 1am and didn't get the iPhone until 12:30 pm let mr tell you this iPhone lives up to the hype it's a great iPhone.

6. mrrich macrumors newbie

I believe that AT&T started handling all the June 14th-15th pre-orders on the 24th, they did not allow walk-ins with out a pre-order. All the phones for sale on the 29th will be first come first serve, though I have not heard if there is a limit per person. They will also start accepting online orders again too.

7. hasek3139 macrumors 6502

yeah im probably camping at my att store, gonna get there at midnight for 7 am opening....... i dont want to take any chances!

8. skinticket macrumors newbie

i agree that there will be a line and there will be camping out. also, i forget where i saw this, but apparently they are getting two shipments in throughout the day. i'll be at one waiting with my friend so he can get his. any idea if they will have bumpers there?

9. lhs2011 macrumors newbie

Im getting at my local att store at midnight. Yesterday they said they were getting a shipment in at 8am and 11am. They dont know definite numbers but they said more than last year and they got over 100 3gs last year :eek:

10. hasek3139 macrumors 6502

me to my friends and i r gonna campout around midnight! 7 hours of waiting but the end result will be worth the wait!

11. ChrisSD macrumors member

I'm going to get there around 5-5:30. I'm sure there will be a line, but not like the line at the Apple store.

12. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

I know some friends going - apparently, there's no "reservation" vs "walk in" line at AT&T

There's a ton of ATT stores out there too

13. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

I'll be going maybe 6ish.

Notice how there's very little traffic on this forum right now. I doubt the lines are going to be crazy in most places.

14. toffa813 macrumors regular

I've got my alarm set for 450 right now but will probably end up staying up all night and just going whenever. I don't think it'll be that bad

15. skyf430design macrumors newbie

I dropped by around 9 and there was seven people already lined up.. kinda hard to say.. im in an area where there is only one AT&T Store..

16. grinny11 macrumors regular

I got there at 5:30. They only had 47 phones and I was about number 40.

17. NewYorkRules macrumors newbie

Att @17th&6th had a supply as of noon.

ATT in flatiron said all AT&T stores in manhattan are sold out. Walked into store above and got one...16GB only.
    Hope this helps.

18. tl01 macrumors 65816

Arrived at about 7:10AM and was about number 30 out of 40 phones. The line took around 3.5 hours. Not too bad. They were expecting their second shipment this afternoon but it ended up arriving around 11AM. The people at the end of the line were stoked! They were sold out of phones though once the line gets their phones.

19. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Well my experience today was interesting. Drug my kid out to wait in line and was number 40 to 50. It started pouring down rain and they took our name and number and so we waited in the truck. The line started moving so we got in and took our place where it was dry. Well they sold out and reserved a 16gb one for me since they were getting no 32s in. They called to tell me that the phone was in and I asked if by chance they had some 32s. Well low and behold they did. I got my 32 After a total of four hours.

Awesome

20. Amadeus Zull macrumors newbie

6am wake up + shower
    6:45am leave to commute to work (AT&T store close by)
    7:30 join line
    8:30 realize I have a 10am meeting at work (panic starts)
    8:45 32gb sold out
    9:30 finally made it inside
    9:45 finally get a rep
    9:46 fed ex guy walks in (I smelled the 32gb)
    9:53 out the door with a 32gb (I wanted to yell "get to dah chopper!)
    10:06 casually walked into the scheduled meeting

21. mrrich macrumors newbie

Not sure where to post "my thoughts" (as if anyone cares) but I haven't been in the right spot at the right time to get an iphone 4. I work during the week so that allows for weekends and nights. I'm actually quite surprised that the walk-in stock has been so scarce. Anyway, this is my first iphone, I think Apple is the smartest company around, they are the leaders, not the followers. IMHO. After calling every store in town that can legally sell the iphone for days and getting on numerous waiting lists, and being told constantly that "I have no idea when there will be more iphone 4's, maybe two weeks" I finally ordered one from my local AT&T store tonight. I'm never home to sign for deliveries and if they won't let me ship it to my office, then I can't do UPS, FedEx, ETC. AT&T let me "pre-order" a phone and have it delivered to the AT&T store, which Apple would not. I'm being told 7 - 14 days for the delivery, so we'll see. Apple is saying 3 weeks.

22. darkentries macrumors newbie

iPhone on the 29th, without any long lines

I couldn't take off Thursday or Friday from work last week, so I figured I'd have to start working on my phone over the weekend. I visited two local Apple stores and got on their reservation lists. After working late Monday night, I was in no shape to get just a bit of sleep and then get up and wait in line before work, but I dropped by an AT&T store on the way there just before 8 am. They were just finishing up getting the people left in line to order for shipment to their houses. I told the employee that it's the same thing available to me today from the web site, and went to work. A co-worker told me I should try calling the Seal Beach, CA store where he purchased his 3GS. I wasn't able to get a person on the phone until 9, but she told me that they had vouchers for a shipment coming via FedEx during the day sometime, and if I came by I could get one of the last few. I took a break and raced there, and was told they were out of 16gb but I could get a 32gb phone. I agreed and gave them my account info, and they gave me a receipt and told me my phone would be here today. I got a call about two hours later stating that it was in. I went back during my lunch break and purchased the phone without a problem. It was much easier than what my brother went through, which was waiting in line at an Apple store from 3:30 am until 6 pm before he got his 16gb phone. It sounds like he actually had fun in line, but I have to be happy with getting a phone so easily from a store within 5 days of release, even if it would have been a nice birthday gift to myself had I done what he did!

23. iMac22 macrumors member

I've been trying to get an iphone since it came out last Thurs. I didn't preorder so no luck. Just yesterday I went to a local ATT store and tried to get one as a walk in. They sold out shipment one and two in 5 minutes. They asked if I'd like to preorder one and that it'd take 7-10 business days to get here. I decided to do so. Today I already got a confirmation that my phone has shipped from Texas. Estimated delivery date to the ATT store is tomorrow! (overnight delivery) So it seems that the 7-10 days may really turn out to be 2 days. I'm crossing my fingers.....we'll see tomorrow.