Will there be more AppleCare Claims with the new iPhone 6/Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfoxpro, Oct 8, 2014.

1. macfoxpro macrumors 6502

Will there be more AppleCare Claims with the new iPhone 6/Plus than in the past? With all the gates, and clearly the screen feels as if it may not hold up as well as the 4 and 5 models did.? I'm hoping that is not the case. I love my 6 Plus and do not have AppleCare. I'm thinking there may be more claims. Thoughts?

2. Hal~9000, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Perhaps, but does it make any difference?

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Maybe there will be at first. I will NEVER understand why people want to be early adopters when they cannot approach it with an early adopter's mindset.

When there's a radical redesign, there will be changes. Some will be flaws, some will be simply properties of the new design.

I wonder how many people will flock to buy the Apple Watch, then piss and moan about it CONSTANTLY, too.

Joy suckers, the whole lot of them.

As soon as a person heard that one of these phones might bend if it wasn't treated with a bit more care than their old iPhone (or before that, if they had any sort of reasoning skills) you'd think that they'd just be more careful and see how it goes before having kittens over it.

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I think there will be more claims just because the plus has a much bigger screen which increases the risk of damage. I don't have AppleCare + and won't get it. This is my AppleCare +

[​IMG]

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

If there are too many then Apple will adjust the price of Applecare and its deductibles accordingly.