will there be new INCASE sleeves for the uni-MBP 17 and 15???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by volcom1151, Mar 3, 2009.

1. volcom1151 macrumors member

Does anyone know if INCASE is making new sleeves for the new macbook pros and mac books or are they keeping the same measurements>?

2. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

i don't think they'll change. I mean, the difference in the sizes is so small, there is probably that much variation between each individual case.

I mean, if you owned the business, would you stop production and change settings for a tiny fraction of a centimeter?

i think the best you could hope for is new tags advertising that it also fits the new unibody. never underestimate the power of marketing.

or maybe a new color or design, but nothing about the fit will change.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I'm using an incase sleeve with my 2009 17" Unibody Macbook Pro and it fits fine, its the same size as my last 17". If you check the dimensions you'll see the last gen MBP's and the new ones are so similar (literally a few mm's) it doesnt matter.

4. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I have the 15" Incase for my unibody and the only dimension it doesn't fit is depth where the sleeve is a centimeter or two too big.

5. srexy macrumors 6502a

There's plenty of slack in the incase sleeve to accommodate the ~1/4" increase in l x w and decrease in h...

6. latempete macrumors member

Same here. The 17" incase sleeve fits perfectly.

7. applevik macrumors member

Have you incase users noticed any issues with your uMBP getting scratched either while going in/coming out of the case, or while it's fully zipped up inside?

8. rukus macrumors member

i have an incase neoprene/fleecish lining sleeve. fits great thickness & length. could be brought in a bit width wise

9. vote4anh macrumors newbie

Called Incase today, they will be having new cases and shells for the unibody MBP's :) The old MBP cases fits the 17" ok, but not well, I returned my nylon case and sleeve as well. they said a couple of weeks, as you can see they already have the 15" unibody shell

10. MarkSTi04 macrumors regular

My Incase sleeve fits great with my Uni-MBP. It fits nice and it doesnt move around on the inside. It replaced an older sleeve that was used with my old Acer laptop. That sleeve was made for a 15'' PC laptop so I had to ditch it because the MBP moved around to much in it.

11. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I have the black neoprene sleeve on my 15" Pro and the depth is the only thing that's a bit off (about a centimeter or so), but I actually like that, as it's easier to take out of my bag :cool:

12. johndoe588 macrumors regular

I think the Incase sleeve for my 15" uni MBP is just a little narrow. It fits in there, but I'd take wider if I could.

John B.

13. srexy macrumors 6502a

I ended up taking the incase logo out of the interior of the sleeve because IIRC it was causing minor scratching. It might have been a hallucination tho.