Will there be stock if i try going to an apple store friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aphexacid, Sep 17, 2012.

1. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I just got off the phone with at&t and the guy kept telling me that i need to just preorder it because there is definitely NO stock at any stores this friday so dont bother going.

is this true?

2. Asherpotter macrumors member

3. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

I highly doubt there won't be any stock at Apple stores. I bought the 3G and 3GS the day of the release at the store. Long lines but it was fun.

4. CatsTide macrumors 6502

There WILL be stock.As to how much and how many people will be in line is anyones guess. Can you imagine if they opened the doors and said,"sorry we don't have any."

5. Mengels7 macrumors regular

At Apple at least there should be a ton of stock. There'll also be a ton of people. I'd show up reeeally early if you wanna guarantee one.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If you could somehow figure out how many each store will have in stock, and how many people will show up, and how many already did a preorder and how many stores in your area will have supply and what type of phone each person wants, then you would have an answer.

7. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Ugh, like how early should i be there?

I've never had to go to an actual store on release day, i've always preordered. But i missed out this year.

8. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

Find a small att or Verizon store that not a lot of people will go to

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The bigger Apple stores usually don't run out for the entire weekend, but that's where you'll have to spend several hours in line.

I suggest waiting for Friday afternoon. From what I've seen in the past, the people that get there at midnight end up leaving around 10 AM (so, 10 hours of waiting time) whereas the people who come at 4 PM end up leaving by 8 PM. I've done it both ways and that's generally what I've seen each year.

I've done early morning and 'after work' and waiting for the afternoon is always more pleasant...assuming they don't run out of the phone you want. I have the luck of being near a large flagship store. I think that helps. If you're going to a big city store I suggest just going later.

It's a small risk that you won't get a phone, but you're likely to put in far fewer hours in line and in the past I've still had luck in the afternoon.

10. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

This.