Will there only be an iPhone,..or MacPhone? ....

Paddict

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Northern Hemisphere
As personal computing devices progressively get smaller and smaller there's going to come a point where the hardware itself will reach an optimal "personal size". I believe we have that size already with the iPhone 5 / iPad mini.

What I'm saying is that it seems inevitable that some point in the future Apple is going to consolidate all their current hardware models into one device and eventually that device is going to be the same size or smaller then an iPhone. All features of larger devices will be available in this new device but with new hologram projection technology and current wireless tech.

So to speculate what will they call this future device... the iPhone, perhaps the "MacPhone", or maybe iPhone-Pro, or maybe apple will make an all new name such the "iMACPhone."

Only time will tell :apple:

OatmealRocks

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
As personal computing devices progressively get smaller and smaller there's going to come a point where the hardware itself will reach an optimal "personal size". I believe we have that size already with the iPhone 5 / iPad mini.

What I'm saying is that it seems inevitable that some point in the future Apple is going to consolidate all their current hardware models into one device and eventually that device is going to be the same size or smaller then an iPhone. All features of larger devices will be available in this new device but with new hologram projection technology and current wireless tech.

So to speculate what will they call this future device... the iPhone, perhaps the "MacPhone", or maybe iPhone-Pro, or maybe apple will make an all new name such the "iMAC."

Only time will tell :apple:
THe answer to your question is stop posting. Your post gave me a headache and full of utter nonsense.

Comment

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
It has already happened. It's called the iphone. The Mac os is becoming more like ios with every update.

Comment

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
"Friends don't let friends drink & type."

Or

"When your friend starts drinking hide his key(board)."

The polls at open, folks. Which do you prefer?

Last edited:
Comment

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Well considering before the iPhone came out, you could make calls from your Mac through a mobile phone..

as for hologram ... how much are consumers willing to pay for it.

Comment

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Maybe you should wait to speculate on this when the tech is readily available. :rolleyes:

So to speculate what will they call this future device... the iPhone, perhaps the "MacPhone", or maybe iPhone-Pro, or maybe apple will make an all new name such the "iMACPhone."

Comment

Shenaniganz08

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2010
people said desktops would become obsolete after laptops became popular = that didn't happen

people will always need different things from different devices = we will always have a variety of devices

the future however, will probably have better integration/syncing of these devices.

Comment

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Why even have a device at all? Just implant new corneas into your eyes that overlay information in your line of site and can be controlled by your thoughts.

But why even be human at that point? That's inefficient. Let's just be robots.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.