Will This Campaign Style Work ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, May 2, 2019.

1. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

It has been reported that Joe Biden's staff has tried to physically prevent the media (press) from interacting with Biden including taking pictures.

Like him or dislike him, Trump is usually available to the media so I'm wondering how the press will react to being shut out by Biden.

Do you think that it's a good idea for Biden to limit his media (press) access ?

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

3. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 604

Plutonius

Also look at AOC, Beto, etc.

They all use social media now and aren't afraid of interacting with the press.

Trying to control / limit access to the press doesn't seem like it will work anymore.

4. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

How well did Mitness protection work out for Mit Romney.

5. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 604

Plutonius

I believe that Hillary tried the same thing and that it didn't work out for her either.

6. LordVic macrumors 603

I think people are getting fed up with the lack of transparency in modern politics and anyone whose willing to appear more open and honest (even if not honest) is going to get more attention to the old style of controlling everything and back room shenanigans

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Actually, there's never been a president so against the media. We're talking about a man who has banned members of the press from the WH press briefings. When was his last interview on CNN or MSNBC? Obama did them with Fox News.

It's a fair argument to ask if Biden is up for it, it's unfair to play Trump as if he's accessible because that is not even remotely true.