Will this iPhone 5 swap work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yahoojames, Sep 25, 2012.

1. yahoojames macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 5 that I purchased and activated directly from verizon.com. It was a port from AT&T and I've been using it since last Friday.

The day I pre-ordered it, I also pre-ordered a Verizon iPhone 5 from apple.com using the same AT&T mobile number and SSN. It arrived today.

My understanding is that the verizon.com purchased phone is factory unlocked. Can I simply move that SIM into the new apple.com phone, re-activate, and reset and sell the used verizon.com phone on eBay?

James

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

so you are just trying to activate that phone to the same phone line as your current iphone right???

that should be fine. the Sim is tied into that number, so as long as you are activating it on tha tphone line i think it should be okay. just login to myverizon and try it.

3. yahoojames thread starter macrumors newbie

4. yahoojames thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't see how this is going to work out. The iPhone 5 I purchased from apple.com was subsidized pricing, so verizon is going to be expecting it to be activated with a 2 year contract. I've already done this with the phone I purchased from verizon.com becoming a new customer.

Oh well, guess I'll return it.