Will today "make or break" your next phone choice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Italianblend, Sep 9, 2013.

?

Will Tuesday's 5S keynote determine your next phone selection?

1. The 5S Keynote will determine whether or not I choose iPhone over andriod

60 vote(s)
    25.2%
  2. Definitely going 5S

108 vote(s)
    45.4%
  3. Not upgrading

63 vote(s)
    26.5%
  4. Definitely switching to android or windows phone

7 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Italianblend, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013

Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I'm leaning more and more toward an andriod device, and tomorrow is going to be the deciding factor. If apple can wow me, or pull the wool, I might stick with the 5S.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Or are you all decided?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Nope, theres nothing up in the air. The iPhone 5S will be the top phone in the market. Period

Tomorrows event will just push Apples advantage over its competition even further.

4. MannieSolo macrumors member

MannieSolo

Totally make!, I have an iPhone 4S that is on its last leg. Cracked screen (front and back) I decided I will upgrade on the S cycle so I'm excited although the rumors have taken some of the excitement out of the keynote.

5. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

yes. if its not awesome ill probably get a nexus to tide me over until iphone 6.
    i dont like the soft aluminium body on the iphone 5

6. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Since my 4S was stolen and I am a fanboy, yes. I am so very much excited for iOS 7 no matter what changes in the hardware of the new device :)

7. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

OT...but love your quote

8. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Got a Verizon contract until January 2015, so I'm not upgrading this time 'round. Can't wait for iOS 7 though! And the eventual rMBP refresh.

9. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Only a larger screen would possibly pull me back to the iPhone, so I'm not getting my hopes up until next year at the earliest.

I'll be interested to see what they do with the fingerprint reader though, and to find out what that mysterious ring around the home button actually is. If it lights up, I'll be wishing I had enough cash to buy an extra phone just for the hell of it :D

Also interested to see what the 5C will be like, and what they're planning to sell it for.

10. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

If they return the focus back to producing a quality product at the expense of a little profit and anodize the 5S properly, I'll be sold.

Otherwise, this is the first time since the iPhone 3G I'll consider a move.

11. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

There is a 99.999% chance that I will be staying with the iPhone regardless of what they say tomorrow.

There is a 0.001% chance that I'd go with a red HTC One. :p

12. MacAttackkk macrumors newbie

tomorrow really makes or breaks it for me. i love apple but am getting bored with the same old and have been tempted to jump ship to the htc one. if the 5s wows me then i'll preorder it, if not ill probably get the htc one.

13. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Ok I'll play. Yes, I have a iPhone 5 and have been testing ios7. I don't think the new iOS has enough to offer me to make me stick with iPhone, so unless I am impressed with the phone itself, I will be switching to another make for a year.

14. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Well if you have a 5, you don't really "need" and upgrade do you?

I guess if you're a developer though.

My impression of ios 7 is visually nice, but ultimately the same. I think the cleaner graphics will win some people over, but then they'll get it and realize its pretty much the same old ios. Do you agree?

15. skip02 macrumors newbie

I will most likely switch to Andriod for the next year because the main thing I'm looking for in a new iphone is a larger screen. I have a 5 now and I still find it small for some games and especially for movies or Netflix. iOS 7 is nice but like the post above it is the same iOS.

16. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Yes to some extent. It does add some "new" functionality to the iOS that is nice for sure, but it is very similar in how it operates. For me, like I said, it is not enough to keep me interested. The phone itself will either wow me and keep me using an iPhone, or I go elsewhere. I like change. :)

17. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I do want the 5S but if there's nothing interesting then may try the Nexus 5

18. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Definitely will decide on whether I will replace the 4S....that's my vote. ;)

19. Starfyre macrumors 68000

Starfyre

Big thing is battery life and camera. If that camera can outperform Nokia's flagship, Samsung's flagship with superior low light shots.. that would lean more for me away from Android... and whatever that "one more thing" is if it exists.

20. merkinmuffley macrumors 6502a

I'd get one if the finger print gizmo came with an API that would pull passwords out of secure storage on the device and input the correct one for me. I haven't seen anything suggesting it will do that.
    Wife picked up a Moto-X yesterday, if my 4S died tomorrow I'd be taking a hard look at that phone. Feels great in the hand, nice feature set and a very nice crisp screen.

21. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I wonder if a lot more people than usual will make a switch. I actually hope that happens. It will keep apple thinking and consider the consumers' needs in a more focused way. We've gotten late LTE and late large screens and I think it's starting to show.

22. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Yep. First time in a long time I have thought seriously about switching. I mean I would still have my iPads for iOS stuff. I am just tired of the same sort of phone and OS. I feel like it is time for a big change and for once there are a lot of really good options out there to change to.

23. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

Probably go S4, Nexus 5, or HTC One unless the 5S surprises. I'll be back for iPhone 6 unless Apple falls further behind in the next year. I'll miss the build quality and the ecosystem but not the operating system as much.

24. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Nope. Sticking with iPhone 5 for now and will purchase the 6 next year :)

25. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Good decision.