Will Trump U wind up being the straw that breaks the Trump campaign?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Sep 7, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Certainly not anymore than selling access to the state department that was done in Hillary's case.

Also Trump was solicited for a donation from Bondi, not the other way around.

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Not sure why you think that is better.

"Hey, I have this matter in my department that I might be willing to look the other way on, if a donation was given" sounds just as bad as "I'll give you a donation if you look the other way".

Either direction is bad if both parties agree to it. Frankly to be blunt, a person with a business in a state and who has had litigation in that state, shouldn't be giving money to the state AG campaign anyway. It just looks and smells bad.

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Where's the smoking gun for the pay to play for Hillary?

And yes, Trump was solicited. He also paid. Further - he held a big fundraiser for her. Do you know if she asked for that too? Do you condemn Trump for his behavior or does he get a free pass? What about his statement about paying for play with his business for favors?

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Nothing is going break either of the campaigns.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Because when you solicit the person charging you it looks worse and it shows Donald didn't initiate the contact in order to throw out the case.

If you want examples of this looking bad look at Bill Clinton privately boarding the AGs plane to talk the AG off of Hillary's case.

7. mildocjr macrumors 65816

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

If there is a transaction - both parties involved are to blame. No one forced Trump to cut a check.

9. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Pretty much this but I love the thread titles daily from both sides thinking they finally hit a home run. (Baseball analogy for the yay sports crowd) :D

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Oh no - I don't think my thread hit a home run. I was being intentionally sensationalistic to match the "severity" of the other "side's" posting titles. Satire if you will.

11. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Wasn't talking you, specifically. Just in general both sides and their thread titles.

12. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Trump supporters will continue to endorse Trump, just as Hillary supporters will continue to endorse.

I think independent people generally see Hillary's legal issues as more severe than Trumps. I think a lot of people just consider the Trump University students as stupid without delving into the actual issue. Even if it was illegally deceptive, I think people on the fence would view Hillary's allegations as far more severe. I think for these people the biggest nails in Trumps comments are his regrettable and radically offensive statements, as well as a failure to present as presidential.

Honestly I feel like this election is truly a giant social experiment on picking between two deplorable choices instead of picking a more reasonable 3rd party.

13. Robisan macrumors 6502

Zing!

@BillClinton mocks Trump, says, "my charity helps people, his is used to pay off your attorney general"​