Will USB-C “MagSafe” style adapters work for iPP?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RevTEG, Nov 29, 2018.

1. RevTEG macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

2. a.y.n macrumors 6502

a.y.n

I got the Bolt from their Indiegogo, it doesn't work very well, so it's been in the case pretty much since day 2. I bought it to use with my 15" MBP, but it didn't always work and sometimes I had to unplug and flip it around for it to charge, which kindda destroy the purpose of using USB-C (or MagSafe).

But I don't see why it wouldn't work with iPP.

3. AutomaticApple macrumors 68000

AutomaticApple

4. RevTEG thread starter macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

I noticed on the site I linked that theirs doesnt work with the 2018 MBP’s. Maybe there’s some software preventing it? Seems like any straight foreword connect that’s universal would work. I’ve never really needed a “MagSafe” style connection on my iPads but thought it would be cool to have the option.

Thanks for the reply.

5. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

6. nichewidgets macrumors newbie

Not sure about that - but this one is proving very popular and works fine on 2018 MPP - so not reason why not I would hope..

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/volta-xl-the-only-charging-cable-you-ll-ever-need#/

7. lax28 macrumors 6502

lax28

I purchased a vinpok last fall when it was only option available. I actually got two one to leave at work and one for home. One cable didn’t work, but they did replace it and I have had no issues with it and my 2017 13” tbMBP. I have tried it with the new iPP and it works as well.

8. RevTEG thread starter macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

Thanks for the reply. I may buy one since it’s worked for you. Would be something I could see myself using When I’m working/charging with the kids and dog in the same room. My dog almost jerked my iPP out of my lap when she hit the cord while playing with my 3 year old. Not a normal situation but...
    --- Post Merged, Dec 1, 2018 ---
    Thanks for the link but according to what I read the XL should have already shipped. I can’t find a link that lets me support or by the actually product. Volta’s website recommends the XL for devices that require higher charging watts but they do not offer a link for purchasing the product. Seems strange or maybe I’m missing something?