Will Verizon force all Unlimited users off after 2 year contracts are up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tortri, Sep 2, 2012.

?

Do you think verizon will force all unlimited users to shared plans after 6 july 2013

1. Yes

72.7%
  2. No

27.3%
  1. Tortri, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012

Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

A few days ago I had called and asked verizon about keeping my unlimited plan by buying a new phone at full price and she confirmed it's still that way but she also made a second point I didn't think about but expect Verizon to do.

When your contract runs out, yes your service still continues but Verizon could force you to change your plan, ie share plan.

When she said that my first thought was when is the last day before they got rid of unlimited because when the 2 year mark from that day hits what's stopping Verizon to force everyone to shared. And the worse part is, what are you going to do about it? Cancel your plan because they changed the terms? Your not on a contract anymore..

Your just sol :-\

BTW they dropped unlimited on 6 July 2011 so 6 July 2013 is when everyone should be off of contract from unlimited plans.

I guess we'll wait and see unless someone emails Verizon's CEO and confronts them about it.

2. bogatyr macrumors 65816

If they pull the rug out I will switch to AT&T as I can still add unlimited with them through my work. Just not unlimited tethering - but I can also get unlimited international data.

3. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

They well probably grandfather it as they do now. they already stated if you want a subsidized phone free or discount price you will be forced. Not to many people I know will pay 600-800 on a new phone.

4. kannesss macrumors 6502a