Will we get iOS 5.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by quietstormSD, Jul 16, 2012.

1. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I was thinking that we were going to get iOS 5.2 with Mountain Lion coming out in order to facilitate the greater integration between Macs, iCloud and iOS devices. But I recall that developers usually get beta versions of iOS updates. And I haven't heard of anything of the sort. So it's probably not likely? I know in the last previous iterations of iOS, it went all the way up to x.3 updates. It looks like with iOS 5, Apple is pushing out less of these.

2. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

All efforts and manpower are now focused on perfecting iOS 6 for initial public release. They wouldn't want to complicate things by improving on iOS 5 and releasing a new version of iOS 5.2 while working on iOS 6. This is inefficient work allocation and does no help to users too. You MAY get a sub-par version of iOS 5.2 and iOS 6.

Any issues that need to be addressed in iOS 5.1.1 (current latest version) would best be addressed in iOS 6 instead of releasing another version just to address that problem, furthermore they would have to properly go through the processes that is required in a new version.