Will we see Iphone OS 3.0 prior to the release of Palm Pre?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arovik, Jun 4, 2009.

1. arovik macrumors member

Anyone have something to say about this?
    Apple would be smart if they released OS 3.0 on friday or saturday

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

WWDC isn't until next week. There is no way in hell a final 3.0 will be released before then, you may even be waiting longer.

The Pre's release doesn't mean the iPhone is about to suddenly become useless or unsellable.

3. arovik thread starter macrumors member

A new beta of os 3.0 or the final version is very important to me because my iphone probably suffers from bad baseband flash. Wifi and bluetooth is not working, and the battery drains in less than 10 hours.
    All this after a flash to os 3.0 beta 5. with beta 6 or the final release is probably a new baseband, and hopefully this will fix my iphone!

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Are you an iPhone developer?

It's a closed beta for a reason :rolleyes:

5. arovik thread starter macrumors member

Yes my phone is registered in a develop account. so you think my iphone detects if im a developer or not, and if not it disabled my wifi, bluetooth and makes my battery life shorter. what are you actually talking about?

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Being registered to a developer account and you being a developer are very different things. Log into your developer account at developer.apple.com and you should be able to get support for your issues. Of course if you have just paid (or asked nicely) and a developer has added you to his account then you are out of luck as, in this case, you should not be running the beta.

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but from the way you come across you're no developer.

It's a beta, it will have problems. It's a closed beta for application developers to test on.

If you fudge your phone dicking around with betas not intended for you, tough luck.

3.0 will be talked about next week, but probably still won't actually be released. You'll just have to live with what you've got, or find out how (if it's possible) to downgrade back to v2.

8. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

I've had 3.0 for a while now and I'm not an actual developer, I just want to walk around and flash my 3.0 software to my friends.
    It works very well for me, never had any of the issues you had, in fact, I think beta 5 looks pretty finalized besides some minor bugs I run into here and there.

9. muledogus macrumors 6502

First off, I agree with the first reply completely. No way would it come out before WWDC and the Pre is due out the 6th which we all know.

My other point is that I think it would be smarter for Apple to put out new software after the Pre release anyway. Let everyone get all amped up on the Pre and then show some new cards with the 3.0 update.

10. The General macrumors 601