Will you be adding a protection screen on your iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gamecube117, Sep 22, 2012.

?

Will you be adding a protection screen on your iPhone 5?

1. Yes

50 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    36.7%
  1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

I heard that it ruins the screen (viewing wise), it's like adding a protection screen on an iPad.

Regardless, will you be adding one?

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

3. maggie2101 macrumors member

I've never used any type of screen protector on my iPhones and have never had a scratch so, no.

4. lookn4wifi macrumors regular

lookn4wifi

I had a Zagg Invisi Shield HD case friendly model installed. Very clear.

5. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I'll be only using a sticker for the back of the phone, but will leave the screen stickerless.

6. Chedd macrumors member

My 4 never needed a screen protecter, so no. Hopefully the 5 won't either.

7. spazzer4501 macrumors newbie

Question about the Zagg: If I don't get the case-friendly, does that mean I can't add on a case? I'm asking because the case-friendly only covers the front, and after all the hysteria about the anodized aluminum I want the back protected as well.

Or should I go for GA? Has anyone tried out ghost armor yet?

8. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Never been a fan personally, with that being said. For the time being I do have a Zagg Invisibleshield HD installed and its practically not there which is awesome

9. sosinsurr macrumors regular

As soon as I got it, I drove straight to the mall and had ghost armor full body installed before I'd even turned the phone on. I absolutely love it.

10. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Yep, I have always had a PowerSupoort protector on all my iPhones except for the 4s I got from work a few months ago. I figured it's my work phone so whatever...looking at it now, its got a couple of scratches on the glass. I wont go without a protector on my phone again.

11. hypoh macrumors member

hypoh

Undecided, but the Gorilla Glass 2 seems to be a huge improvement over the previous.

12. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I just did the same sans the front screen. It ruins the experience for me and I don't need it. I've never had a screen protector on any of my devices and never had a scratch. I am careful with my stuff though.

The back a different story. This phone will look like crap in a week without something on the back. I already managd a couple of tiny marks already since yesterday.

13. saberz macrumors regular

The last year of my iPhone 4 use was fully naked and never had scratches. I found the screen to be very resistant to scratches but I also take care of my stuff. The screen protectors end up looking like crap because they pick up every little nick and scratch because they aren't as durable or resistant as the screen. Now I never use a protector.

I bought my wife the 32gb iphone 5 and put it in an otterbox defender to protect the back and black bands. She was good with her iPhone 4 but the last week before the 5 came out she dropped it and it cracked the front and back. I rather invest in additional protection for her so I can sell the iPhone 5 when the time comes

14. macosxuser01 macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

I've never used a screen protector on my iPhone 4. I don't like how it takes away the resolution of the phone.
    Question for the people who don't use a screen protector..Do any of you clean the screen of the phone with Windex?

15. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

A friend of mine with the Asus Transformers Infinity (Gorilla Glass 2) has the glass chipped all over the sides. He's a very careful person too.

Glass is glass, doesn't matter if it's Chipmunk Glass 5 or whatever.

16. macosxuser01 macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

Because I do with a soft cloth (usually with my incipio cloth that came with my case). Never had any problems. Just wondering if anybody else does so

17. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Exact same for me. This is my 4th iPhone, and I've never had more than a single 1mm nick on my screen on one phone, and you could only see it at the perfect angle. These are durable screens. Even my wife, who tosses her phone (my hand me down iPhones) in her purse with her keys doesn't have any scratches. Unless you regularly carry it with keys and change, I think it's not worth it. I hate the look and feel of a screen protector, so I go bare.

18. spinstorm macrumors 68000

I have a SGP crystal screen protector on my iPhone 5.

There are in my opinion better than power support but if you haven't seen one - well you can't see anything. It doesn't look like there is a screen protector at all.

It's great.

19. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

I have never used screen protectors and won't now. I will buy the whole phone protector and just use the sides + back.

20. Powrie macrumors 6502

I have a crystal clear screen protector coming and I put my phone in a seideo case today.

21. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I have an SGP on right now. The only issue I have with it at all is that it really shows finger prints, but I suspect that the naked glass would too.

22. yang88she macrumors regular

This ^ :)

23. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Yes, SGP Ultra Fine Oleophobic coming from Cali.

24. sosinsurr macrumors regular

Interesting take...how do you feel it ruins the experience for you? I've put full body on my 4, 4S and now my 5 and have never had a problem with a difference in "feel" between before and after. Granted, I never used the 5 before putting the kit on, so can't comment on that one. But the 4 and 4S felt no different to me.

Of course, everyone is different.

25. bushman4 macrumors 68020

Good screen protectors cannot be seen if they are put on right. It saves your screen.