Will you be buying a case/protection for your iPhone 6?

Case?

• No case for me

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • Yes, some kind of protection (post below)

Votes: 54 61.4%

• Total voters

apple.snapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
This will be my first iPhone without a case. The iPhone 6 (from the leaks) is too beautiful to cover up in any way.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Some of us have gone without protection since 2007, I refuse to cover up something so beautiful and I prefer the way it feels in my hand with nothing on it, feels more natural.

I also don't like to use cases on my phone :p

nnacrumors

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2014
It would be pretty idiotic of me not to buy a case for a $649 computer. Accidents happen.

The case I get needs to have full body protection and lay-on-the-table design of a raised lip around the screen.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Yes.

Most likely Spigen SlimArmor, it's fantastic for iPhone 5.
But will see if Apple offers anything.

mgs315

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
Nope. My protection is in the form of insurance.

The only phone I've ever had that has had protection is my current work one as it is company policy (quite a rough environment for it, though my personal phone lives through it too).

Edit: Might get a Mophie this time round though.

Last edited:

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
Nope.....I'll get Applecare Plus to protect myself. The iPhone is too beautiful to cover up with a case.

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
Yes! Forget that, "Oh its too pretty to put in a case" stuff. I'm not risking dropping my phone and it instantly cracking. My chances are much slimmer with a case on it. Plus, I like changing the colors of my cases...gives me a opportunity to show my style.

Oohara

macrumors 68030
Jun 28, 2012
Yeah, I always use a case. Will be interesting to see what Apple comes out with for these phones.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I have an Otterbox Armor on my 5 and love it but there's no way I'm putting one on a bigger phone. I usually buy Otterbox products but the Spigen Tough Armor looks real nice - might go for a black phone w/ a black case. Going to order one as soon as the phones are announced.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Yes! Forget that, "Oh its too pretty to put in a case" stuff. I'm not risking dropping my phone and it instantly cracking. My chances are much slimmer with a case on it. Plus, I like changing the colors of my cases...gives me a opportunity to show my style.
Ditto. I also get bored with looking at the same thing every single day. Cases change the view up a little bit. And if the camera does end up protruding like the leaks indicate it might, I *really* want to protect it.

scoop2mylue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2010
Indiana
this will actually be the first time i am going naked as i plan on keep this iPhone for 2yrs so i really wont care about the resell value thats the only reason i used a case, plus i am getting Apple Care for the first time as well just in case :cool:

Fynd

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Case would ruin the rounded edges. I'll get AppleCare+ or something like it and call it a day.

NikeTalk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Naked is the best way to go, cases are cool I guess cause they don't offer any real protection but I hate screen protectors with a passion. So useless and overpriced.

Cassady

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
Sqornshellous
Were I to have been someone who used naked iPhones (I'm not) - I probably would've gone for a cover for the iPhone 6 for the 1st time, purely to hide those antennae bands.... :(

Obviously it might look different in real life/after the official reveal - but if the mock-ups are anything to go by, not pretty imo.

No biggie either ways.

msb3079

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
collingswood. nj
It blows my mind that people choose to cover up a great metal and glass design, with a $20 piece of plastic. Temporary usage, I get. Certain professions, I get. But at home and in office, or whichever... just take care of your belongings.

KisakiSama

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO, USA
I always do. I prefer to have my phone cloaked in my favorite color, and I like the added grip that some of the cases provide. I find when I have my iPhone 5 naked, it slips out of my hand easier.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
It blows my mind that people choose to cover up a great metal and glass design, with a $20 piece of plastic. Temporary usage, I get. Certain professions, I get. But at home and in office, or whichever... just take care of your belongings.
how does it "blow your mind" on why others choose to put a case?

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2013
New York
If I get the 6 then yes, I will be putting a case on it. I would have spent a hell of a lot of money on it and I want to be sure that it's protected because my phone does fall from my hands on occasion by accident so I'd rather have a case and know that it won't get damaged. Of course, as the years go by, I most likely won't care anymore (like I do my iPhone 5 now, it's caseless right now and months ago I dropped it on the concrete floor and the glass bezel at the back cracked and it didn't even faze me). But for a brand new phone, I feel better about keeping it protected until the newness wears off.