Will you be buying a case/protection for your iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple.snapple, Sep 9, 2014.

?

Case?

1. No case for me

34 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. Yes, some kind of protection (post below)

54 vote(s)
    61.4%
  1. apple.snapple macrumors regular

This will be my first iPhone without a case. The iPhone 6 (from the leaks) is too beautiful to cover up in any way.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Some of us have gone without protection since 2007, I refuse to cover up something so beautiful and I prefer the way it feels in my hand with nothing on it, feels more natural.

I also don't like to use cases on my phone :p

3. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

It would be pretty idiotic of me not to buy a case for a $649 computer. Accidents happen.

The case I get needs to have full body protection and lay-on-the-table design of a raised lip around the screen.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Yes.

Most likely Spigen SlimArmor, it's fantastic for iPhone 5.
    But will see if Apple offers anything.

5. mgs315, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

mgs315 macrumors member

Nope. My protection is in the form of insurance.

The only phone I've ever had that has had protection is my current work one as it is company policy (quite a rough environment for it, though my personal phone lives through it too).

Edit: Might get a Mophie this time round though.

6. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

hahaha...

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Your damn right I'm buying a case! Wouldn't leave my new phone or my old phone out side of a case.

8. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Nope.....I'll get Applecare Plus to protect myself. The iPhone is too beautiful to cover up with a case.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

Yes! Forget that, "Oh its too pretty to put in a case" stuff. I'm not risking dropping my phone and it instantly cracking. My chances are much slimmer with a case on it. Plus, I like changing the colors of my cases...gives me a opportunity to show my style.

11. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Yeah, I always use a case. Will be interesting to see what Apple comes out with for these phones.

12. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I have an Otterbox Armor on my 5 and love it but there's no way I'm putting one on a bigger phone. I usually buy Otterbox products but the Spigen Tough Armor looks real nice - might go for a black phone w/ a black case. Going to order one as soon as the phones are announced.

13. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

if apple comes out with something ill consider it otherwise i think i am going naked this year. :D

14. fs454 macrumors 65816

Naked every year for me, unless the Apple-made case is awesome or the camera sticking out prevents it from sitting flush on a flat surface. Applecare+ is my $150 case.

15. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Ditto. I also get bored with looking at the same thing every single day. Cases change the view up a little bit. And if the camera does end up protruding like the leaks indicate it might, I *really* want to protect it.

16. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

this will actually be the first time i am going naked as i plan on keep this iPhone for 2yrs so i really wont care about the resell value thats the only reason i used a case, plus i am getting Apple Care for the first time as well just in case :cool:

17. Fynd macrumors 6502

Case would ruin the rounded edges. I'll get AppleCare+ or something like it and call it a day.

18. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Naked is the best way to go, cases are cool I guess cause they don't offer any real protection but I hate screen protectors with a passion. So useless and overpriced.

19. duaneu macrumors 6502a

Haven't used a case since the free bumper I got for the iPhone 4. Never had a case on my 5 or 5s.

20. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

21. Cassady macrumors 6502a

Cassady

Were I to have been someone who used naked iPhones (I'm not) - I probably would've gone for a cover for the iPhone 6 for the 1st time, purely to hide those antennae bands.... :(

Obviously it might look different in real life/after the official reveal - but if the mock-ups are anything to go by, not pretty imo.

No biggie either ways.

22. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

It blows my mind that people choose to cover up a great metal and glass design, with a $20 piece of plastic. Temporary usage, I get. Certain professions, I get. But at home and in office, or whichever... just take care of your belongings.

23. KisakiSama macrumors member

KisakiSama

I always do. I prefer to have my phone cloaked in my favorite color, and I like the added grip that some of the cases provide. I find when I have my iPhone 5 naked, it slips out of my hand easier.

24. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

how does it "blow your mind" on why others choose to put a case?

25. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

If I get the 6 then yes, I will be putting a case on it. I would have spent a hell of a lot of money on it and I want to be sure that it's protected because my phone does fall from my hands on occasion by accident so I'd rather have a case and know that it won't get damaged. Of course, as the years go by, I most likely won't care anymore (like I do my iPhone 5 now, it's caseless right now and months ago I dropped it on the concrete floor and the glass bezel at the back cracked and it didn't even faze me). But for a brand new phone, I feel better about keeping it protected until the newness wears off.