Will you buy a blue Apple Watch series 6? (Rumour)

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Been a rumour we may see a blue apple watch series 6 to match the rumoured blue iPhone 12. Some have said it may also come in stainless steel with a blue Milanese loop.

would you buy it for the new colour?

Reactions: niji

Fayette3001

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2020
Bavaria, Germany
Nope, as said before it would be difficult to match it well with watch bands and outfits. Now if its a dark blue then maybe but even then it wouldn’t be easy to combo it well.

Reactions: JBaby

fridayxiii

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Tampa Bay, FL
I love my Product RED XR, but for a watch, it'd have to be neutral: Space Gray or Silver. A blue watch case might be handsome, but I like changing bands too much, and I like a variety of colors, so the watch has gotta go with everything.

D3ggy

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2019
I am hoping for a new one in Sept but as usual I will go for stainless steel.

G.McGilli

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2015
Not me - since getting a white Ceramic AW I don't see myself going away from that anytime soon.

I'm just waiting for the ceramic iPhone and Macbooks to come out 🤣

JBaby

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2015
Another reason I won’t buy it is because I put a case on my watch. Also, I’m
Not convinced the color won’t chip. The space gray chips. At the edges where the bands slip in.

tomtattoo

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2013
Berlin
After three and a half year with space black I wanted to change to silver for the first time but with this rumour I have to think twice about it. Blue watch and blue i12...mmhh...

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
No. Blue sounds tacky. I think when you think of a watch, traditionally we look at aluminum, stainless steel, standard materials that give the watch the appeal when it comes to accessorize it. When I think of something like a colored blue watch, that seems like that would be geared more towards a teenager wanting to match their Nike shirt for the day. Personally, I like the more mature side to watch with leather bands, stainless links, etc.

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
Seems like a dubious rumor. Sometimes Watch colors have color-coordinated with iPhones, often not.

Watch Series 5 comes in Silver, Space Gray, or Gold (aluminum and stainless steel), Titanium or Space Black (titanium), and White (ceramic)

Meantime, iPhone 11 - RED, Yellow, White, Green, Black, Blue
iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Max - Silver, Space Gray, Gold, Midnight Green

There was no Midnight Green Series 5 (or RED, Yellow, White, Green, Black, or Blue). There was no Titanium iPhone to match the Titanium Watch...

Would I buy a Watch to match my iPhone, regardless of color? No. To me, they don't seem the kind of things that need to color-coordinate. My Watch is worn, so I do want it to look good on my wrist and alongside my normal (very casual) wardrobe. When I need to dress it up, I change bands (I wear a Sport Loop for everyday, and a Milanese Loop for dress-up). My phone is either in my pocket or my hand. It's in a brown leather protective case, so the color of the phone barely matters.

That said, other people may feel differently. That's the nature of fashion. All that matters to Apple is that people will buy a blue Watch in sufficient numbers to make it worthwhile. I suspect they wouldn't sell that well, so I suspect Apple won't be selling it.

G.McGilli

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2015
But... Maybe what will tempt everyone is that it will come with blue watch-faces!!!!!

🤣

iOS Geek

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2017
Nah, I'm big on matching outfits so I always get silver because it matches both brown / black straps and is the most neutral color.
I never really gave any care to my watch or bands matching with what I wear (I currently have silver. First Apple Watch was the space grey) but I saw a picture somewhere of what the blue watch might look like, and my first thought was “hey that would match my scrubs” 😂 If the blue ends up being similar to the picture I saw...I would seriously consider it! It would be tempting, for sure!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.