Will you buy a case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adam044, Sep 22, 2012.

?

Will you use a case on you iPhone 5?

1. No

47 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. Yes already have one (post what you got)

73 vote(s)
    49.0%
  3. Not Sure

29 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

I'm going with no case, screen protector only

2. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Rocking my 5 in its birthday suit, just like all my previous iPhones.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Ditto.

4. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

Got a speck case on from target so far. I'll keep looking for the phones final resting place tho.

5. MacReloaded macrumors 6502

MacReloaded

I will be getting one. The aluminum is easier to damage than the stainless steel. It dinged just by touching the 4S.

6. mackinboi macrumors newbie

Naked...:D

the phone is too beautiful to ruin it with a case.

7. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

got this one cheap off ebay before the phone arrived so I would have some kind of protection. Ill get a nice case when better ones come out.

Attached Files:

• Case.JPG
      Case.JPG
      File size:
      103.9 KB
      Views:
  8. readsomething macrumors newbie

I have to have a case -- preferably silicone, for the increased grippiness. (Look! I just made up a word!)

I know that I'd have dropped my iPhone 4 a LOT more often without the case. So I've ordered a Speck Pixelskin case in my favorite color. It shipped yesterday, apparently. DH has ordered the same thing in a different color. I loved the case on my iPhone 4, so I'm sure I'll love it on the 5. I had very little trouble with plugging it into devices or the charger, with the case on it.

I usually carry my phone in my pocket. Sometimes I have my keys in there, or a pen. It's scccccarrrrry to think about what it'd look like if I didn't have a case on it. I even feel like the raised edges on the front give the screen some protection, even though I don't use an actual "screen protector."

9. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

I am not using a case. This is the reason I bought Apple Care +. I will love having a naked phone without the constant worry.

10. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

I'll be ordering a cheap clear one from eBay. Nothing fancy. But I'm getting a GLAS.t screen protector and something else for the back for extra protection. If they make a Vapor Pro iPhone 5 case, I might get a knockoff :cool:

11. g8orballboy macrumors regular

I have a cheap bumper case on the way. Not using it for protection, just for the extra "grippiness"

12. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

cases kill the beauty of the phone. I'd rather enjoy it, than "protect it for the next buyer" :rolleyes:

It'll be inside a sleeve though, when traveling.

13. mattkilla420 macrumors member

I wasn't but I just read that sprint doesn't offer insurance like I had on my htc. If they don't then yes ill be buying a case. Anyone know if sprint offers insurance for the iPhone? If not it will at least save me 7 a month.

14. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Yes, ordered a Speck Pixelskin HD off Amazon.

15. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

16. Maxximus macrumors newbie

Nope. Got AppleCare and a skin so nothing to worry about. :cool:

17. 2IS macrumors 68030

I decided to splurge on apple care this time, so no case for me.

18. MaC rA mE macrumors member

19. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I got this one at Best Buy today. I was thinking it would look crappy in person and, much to my delight, it actually looks better and it adds no bulk to the phone. I got it because I don't want the back and sides all scratched up plus it gives me a better grip.

[​IMG]

20. astral125 macrumors 6502

I voted not sure, because there is no "yes" answer that doesn't involve already having one.

21. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Good case $35 - 50
    Good front / back screen protector $15-$25

So in all you're looking at $50-$75 and you KNOW you won't stop at ONE case - most of us have bought 3-5 (I personally have had over 12 cases between the 4 and 4S) - and I NEVER liked any of them more than a naked iPhone.

My new case is AppleCare+

It's ****ing invisible! How cool is THAT?!

22. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

i have the Griffin Reveal case.

[​IMG]

----------

i have appleCare+ too..:cool:
    have you read the fine print?

Apple hardware coverage

AppleCare+provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians. Service coverage includes the following:
    Your iPhone
    Battery
    Included earphones and accessories
    Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling, each subject to a $49 service fee plus applicable tax.

i doubt that you will rush to a genius bar for a small blemish or a light dent on the iPhone, use one of your "TWO" lifelines and pay $49 plus service tax.

23. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

While Applecare does indeed protect your phone from damage, it doesn't cover cosmetic irritations...if that makes any sense :)
    I've owned each iteration of the iPhone and I've always had them in cases. I'm not an Otterbox or Pelican guy---but I bought a Spec case from AT&T at purchase, just to protect my phone. I've never damaged one in a case, so I'm not going to start going naked now
    My 4s has the Mophie Plus and it's excellent, not to mention good for an extra charge and a third. I'll most likely do the same with my '5' when Mophie hits BestBuy or my Apple store. They're excellent cases with the added benefit of double the battery life

The 5 is so damn light to begin with. I'm afraid it'll just fly or fling out of my hand taking it out of my front pocket. Amazingly light!

I should admit though, my son is 7 years old. He's grown up with my iPhones. He was two when the first one was purchased. That's a significant reason for the case. For those of u that don't prefer a case, do u have children? If yes, do u allow them to use it...even, say in a controlled environment? Car ride, plane trip, waitin at the doc's office? I'm jealous of ya...it's a beauty and IMHo it should be carried naked...

I do...I really do love the aesthetic looks of the new one. I always thought of the 4/4s as a literal work of art (in engineering)--and I didn't see it bested. Especially when seeing the first leaked shots. However, after buying it and playing with it for a day, I can honestly say--it's better, in. Every. Way! (The '5' that is)

J

24. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

I have been using bumper cases since the iPhone 4. All my prior bumpers were Apple branded. The first, free, :D. The second, bought at the same time as the 4S on pre-order night. The 5, came with no bumper...

I ordered a generic bumper from Hong Kong. (ebay) for $6... Bumpers were going to for $2 at the Saturday street market, NYC. But I figure the $6 was okay since the 5 was so new. They should be down to a $1 in time.. When that happens I will get extras.

BTW, the generics aren't as "crisp" in construction as Apples branded bumpers.

25. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Uhm yes of course I read it. I'm pretty OCD so for example when I dropped my phone WITH a case I will go out and buy a new case. Which then costs me $35 more (or one time it was an element vapor pro and that was $150)

I am really extremely careful with everything I own. Pretty sure it'll still look pretty new but if it gets really dinged up ill get it replace in 6 months :)