iPad Pro Will you buy an A13X iPad Pro if released this Spring?

rui no onna

macrumors 604
Oct 25, 2013
I guess?

But real world impact: current ipad pro will run all ipad apps very well. you could be having the premium ipad experience TODAY, and for the next 6 months prior to the new ipad pro likely being released.

If you have an actual need for such a device, that's a long time to wait.

If you don't have a need for the device, don't buy it at all, and stop worrying when it will come out.
I expect for most here, it's more want than need. Probably been a while since buying the last toy. :D

To be honest, barring RAM related inadequacies, I don't have any performance issues even with the 1st gen iPad Pros (A9X).

However, I enjoy reading rumors about the upcoming model. Not really worrying about when it will come out. Any of my current iPads more than serve my needs quite well. Would like 1TB, more RAM and 5G but it's not a burning need at the moment. I'm more than fine waiting whenever the new iPad is announced (and probably waiting some more for discounts if Apple increases prices again).

cws

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
Looks dated compared to the 11 Pro Max but can’t do the 6.5 screen size all day.
I wonder why Apple has decided to use OLED for iPhones but not iPads?

Clearly there exists such OLED panels (see the Galaxy Tab S6) -- maybe it's cost, quality (like brightness or burn-in), production capacity, or some combination of those factors.

The screen is the biggest vulnerability from the high end for the iPad IMO, and hopefully Apple can address it soon with mini-LED.

Reactions: Alaxlmartin

Alaxlmartin

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2018
I wonder why Apple has decided to use OLED for iPhones but not iPads?

Clearly there exists such OLED panels (see the Galaxy Tab S6) -- maybe it's cost, quality (like brightness or burn-in), production capacity, or some combination of those factors.

The screen is the biggest vulnerability from the high end for the iPad IMO, and hopefully Apple can address it soon with mini-LED.
Like cost is a problem for people going on the pro line of apple products. I paid 1 grand for this one. I would pay the premium and expect to.