Will you buy the new Macbok AIR if it is announced tomorrow?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by samueltan, Jan 15, 2008.


Will you buy a MacBook Air if it's released?

  1. Yes

    10 vote(s)
  2. No

    34 vote(s)
  3. How can I say without knowing exactly what it is? :confused:

    47 vote(s)
  1. samueltan macrumors newbie

    Jan 12, 2008
    I am a little worried about its performance~~~too slim~~~. Should I wait some time longer to let apple to figure any problems in the new macbok?
  2. DannyBres macrumors 65816


    Oct 30, 2007
    how can you be worried about the specs you dont know what they are
  3. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

    Jan 9, 2008
    i think the specs will be lower than expected. i defiantly wont get one because i simply need the power that this machine wont have. if its packin a sick 2.8 penryn processor and 2GB of ram and a fancy pants graphics card, then ok i may consider it. but i very much doubt it will be that good.
  4. DannyBres macrumors 65816


    Oct 30, 2007
    i think it will be along them lines but with gfx similar to the macbook
  5. samh004 macrumors 68020


    Mar 1, 2004
    It's still just a rumour, if your in the market for a new computer or just have an itch to spend money on something, then you may as well calm down and ask questions tomorrow. Mind you, no one will have any answers for you then either as it probably wont have been shipped to anyone yet...

    Your best bet, wait to see what's released, wait at least a week for reviews from a few different sources and then make a decision.
  6. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

    Jul 29, 2005
    Ill buy one on Saturday since ill be busy all week and won't have time to do a clean install of OS X.5 and XP Pro SP 3.
  7. mashinhead macrumors 68030

    Oct 7, 2003
    i would have to say no, because it will probably not be a 'pro' machine. it will probably have worst specs than a macbook. i'm more interested in seeing it as a sign of the redesign for the macbook pros. it seems to me that this is the type of thing for people that want something a little more full featured than an iphone
  8. tersono macrumors 68000


    Jan 18, 2005
    I'd be tempted as I could use a lightweight machine for work use, but it depends on price and specifications
  9. JSRockit macrumors 6502a


    Aug 24, 2002
    If it is what it is rumored to be and isn't crazy expensive...then I'll probably end up buying one eventually.
  10. JSchwage macrumors 6502a


    May 5, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    No, seeing as I just bought a MacBook in November. Personally, I don't think I could stand using a MacBook with a screen smaller than the current ones.
  11. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

    Dec 23, 2005
    London, England.
    I just bought a brand new MacBook Pro (2.4ghz, 256 gfx) from London Apple Store, 3 weeks ago, however if the new MacBook Air looks REALLY cool, I'll go ahead and buy it too!
  12. sushi Moderator emeritus


    Jul 19, 2002
    I just couldn't wait anymore.

    Today I purchased a nice MBP. :)

    I'm joking. Waiting to see what the keynote holds. An ultra-portable is very tempting.
  13. splashtech macrumors regular

    Oct 25, 2007
    No. I bought a black MacBook in September, and an iMac at New Year.

    I can't afford anything else - and I can't see myself needing another portable anyway.
  14. macwannabe77 macrumors member


    Nov 30, 2007
    Pennsylvania USA
    I just got a Macbook 2.2 in November. The macbook is about as small as I can take. I feel like I would break anything that would be smaller and thinner. Also, I like having my optical drive IN my computer. I used it often. :apple:
  15. .:R2theT macrumors 6502

    Jul 1, 2007
    I just bought a MacBook the other week so...no, I will not be buying the "sub-notebook".

    I personally went with the MacBook because of the price, the specs(all I really need for a work machine) and the white look(it matches our iMac at home).

    I also think this "sub" is going to be way too expensive. I know my MacBook is at least $200-$300 more than it should be. Plus, I don't think the specs on the "sub" will be that great. It will have to have less power and less storage to take care of heat issues and be as thin as it is rumored to be.

    Just not the notebook for me. I could always be wrong(but that is why I bought my MacBook on the 5th, just in case this thing is exactly what I need!).

  16. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502


    Oct 24, 2007
    Over the hills and far away...
    Maybe in a year or so, if I have the extra money, as it would be a good "on the road" machine, but right now I need the power of my MBP more than I need an ultra small laptop (even though the MBP is smaller than anybody I know's laptop)
  17. Cloudane macrumors 68000


    Aug 6, 2007
    Sweet Apple Acres
    Don't know what it's going to be!

    Not much money saved up, upcoming holiday, got a new iMac and my Powerbook is still coping. TBH, it'd have to be *very* good for me to buy one at this time.

    Won't stop me drooling though :p
  18. uNext macrumors 6502

    Aug 21, 2006
    ill pass.

    I have a feeling it will be a dissapointing keynote.
    A sub notebook never outshines a regular notebook in the spec sheet.
    I am a power whore and to be honest i dont see myself spending which will probably be 1500+ on something that might be wekaer then the macbook.
  19. Rotary8 macrumors regular

    Oct 24, 2006
    well it all depends. If the specs can trump my current macbook then I'll probably try to sell it to buy the new one. If the new macbook is all about extra slim and not enough punch then maybe not.
  20. hobbbz macrumors 6502a


    Mar 8, 2005
    My main machine was a 17" PB G4 whose hard drive died in Sept. and I've been using a backup 12" PB ever since. I definitely need an upgrade. I plan to buy this (for portability) and an iMac (for more serious work). If the cost of the new book is anywhere near the cost of a macbook, then it will be almost the same price as if I just got a superfast macbook pro but i'm getting 2 machines instead.
  21. Veracon macrumors newbie

    Jan 24, 2007
    Nope, I can't justify a computer with a screen any smaller than 13 inches. If anything, I'm more inclined to buy a 15-incher (if Apple had an affordable one).
  22. Bogie macrumors regular

    Apr 4, 2007
    It depends a lot on the price and how freaked out I get when I see it for the first time. If i tingles my spine then my PC will be on craigslist and the MBA will soon be mine!
  23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem


    Feb 19, 2005
    I can't use any computer that takes on the word "Air" as part of the model.
    Besides, some stupid banner prompted some silly people to assume there's a computer coming called MacBook Air. :rolleyes:
  24. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a


    Jul 7, 2005
    If it has dedicated video card, and high performance, than sure Ill buy it lol.

Share This Page