Will you get a new email address because of the M$ Yahoo merger

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eric55lv, Feb 2, 2008.

1. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

Due to the fact of the Microsuck Yahoo merger many people are saying that they will have to move email address due to the merger

2. Spizzo macrumors 6502

Well... the merger is not official, and if it happens, it might not for a long time. But IF it does, I will get rid of my yahoo account, and probably just go with a gmail.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Nobody knows. Yahoo! hasn't accepted the offer yet, much less the combined company figure out how or even whether to combine their overlapping services. Analysts seem to think they'll retain separate identities for most of their services so as to not drive away customers. Things would change behind the scenes, but expect visible changes to be minor, certainly in the short term.

4. eric55lv thread starter Guest

eric55lv

I have Gmail now and its great

5. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

6. Spizzo macrumors 6502

I actually have one too, but I'm to lazy to switch over the emails that do come to my yahoo to my gmail. I don't really use either actually, except as sort of a collection box.

7. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

i don't know. my yahoo is for people who like to forward junkmails off their workplace nets to everyone they know. i mean to setup a gmail but I think of that as something i will want for a more reputable use.

i think i'll just move my yahoo mail to a filtered address on my isp account. the isp filters most real junk anyway and my flters will thin out the rest.

ditch all mail containing the word joke in subject line for instance.

maybe start bouncing back some of the crap my so called friends send me at yahoo now with a little note asking them to stop forwarding me stuff and if they want to communicate with me please call my cell.

i love living in a dead zone sometimes, because all calls go to vmail :)

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You guys are taking this Apple fanboy anti-Microsoft crap to a whole new level....you'll switch e-mail addresses just because of a merger that may not even happen? Seems like more work than its worth.....

9. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

We just hate Microsoft with a passion:cool:

10. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I have a Y! mail account just to play Y! Pool (I know, old school), for the serious needs there is .Mac and Gmail, so no need to change.

11. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Maybe i'll move

When i saw this on Channel 4 news during my lunch break, the 1st thing i thought was

"Now i'll have to move bloody e-mail accounts :("

With a Windows PC and a 360, Microsoft own a large chunk of my digital life, so maybe i'll look at Google if it does go through.

12. sullycarter macrumors newbie

13. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I stopped using Yahoo! e-maul a long time ago and started using GMail instead, much better!

But I will NEVER use Yahoo! again if Micro$oft buys it!

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

QFT.

Regardless of what you think of Microsoft, anything that attempts to check Google's near monopoly status is a good thing.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I would bet we see a hostile takeover of Yahoo. One way or another Microsoft will own it.