Will you make friends wash/sanitize hands before touching your phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doc shivers, Sep 21, 2012.

1. doc shivers macrumors member

I've been debating this one for a while, and it's something that I feel strongly about. I'm thinking I will because I don't want someone touching my brand new phone right after they finished eating a cheese burger/scratching themselves. I can't be alone on this right?

2. jreale05 macrumors regular

please stop.

3. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

4. sshewa1 macrumors newbie

This just made me laugh. I have a degree in microbiology, and am currently pursuing a phD. It's okay to have them wipe their hands with a paper towel or something if their hands are really dirty/full of mud or something. But if you really are going to make them sanitize their hands with purel or germX or something, you've lost your mind. Those products do not work. only kill 9% of the bacteria at most, not 99%.

Edit: I still can't stop laughing at you.

5. richpuer macrumors 6502

yes for my car, no for the phone..thats just lame..ill wipe it after they use it tho

6. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Oh my. It's a darn phone people, not a priceless artifact from agent Egypt.

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

When I read the title I was like what's wrong with this guy but now that I read your OP I agree but I only do it if someone was eating something that could get on my phone. I just hate it when someone is eating and they want to use my phone and give it back to me and it sticky or greasy.

8. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

I don't allow anyone to touch my equipment...... EVER ! Let them get their own. :p

9. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

If one values their health & can resist living in denial, it's best to think of it as your personal device never to be shared.

Hep C can easily be deposited on your phone via touch or invisible moisture expelled during normal breathing. Once you've contracted it, you've got it for life.

Say or think what you want.

I only post this because I care.

Learn to say no nicely, & never let anyone near your phone.

(my best friend is responsible for infection control at one of the most prestigious hospitals in the US, threats...besides Hep C, are becoming unstoppable & incurable.)

10. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

or is it..... -_-

11. jwoair23 macrumors newbie

If this is sarcasm, please skip the rest of what I am about to say. (I hope it was sarcasm).

You know, I have been hanging around this forum all day. I have a iPhone 4S, and while I am probably going to hold off upgrading for awhile, I have been reading threads all day just because techy stuff interests me.

So that being said, I have been reading all these posts today. I keep seeing these outrageously pathetic posts, and thinking, thats it, thats the one, that is the most pathetic thing I have ever read.

Its getting late in the day, and I thought that a post I read an hour ago was going to be the winner.

But then, I read your post, and I can confidently declare this is the most pathetic post I will see today. There is a couple hours to go before I go to sleep, but I am confident this will remain the winner.

It is a phone. Seriously. How silly would you feel thinking back to when you had a Nokia brick phone and telling people you made them wash their hands before they touched it. Now fast forward five years, you will feel that silly about this.

In summary, do not ask people to wash their hands. They will laugh at you. A lot.

That is all.

12. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

OP GTFOH seriously. Macrumors on RD is hot garbage.

13. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Just because you don't mind getting grease all over your phone doesn't mean everyone else has to be ok with it too. I do this only when people have just eaten and I know their hands aren't clean.

14. zerind macrumors member

15. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I am going to put a lock screen wall paper saying

[​IMG]

I'm also going to be doing this

[​IMG]

16. jwoair23 macrumors newbie

I obviously do not want grease all over my phone. How are you all finding yourself in situations where your friends are grease covered slobs that just spread it all over your phones? I can't even imagine a situation where this could be an issue.

Good grief people, obsess much?

17. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

are you insinuating that all the power of Deep Thought could have been put in to this small magical device?!?!

By all means don't forget your towel!!

18. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

No ones holding my phone, last one got damaged the 1st day I got it.. Someone dropped it :(

19. ronnyuk macrumors member

Had to post this, perhaps you should live your life like this, oh this has to be post of the century :)

Clicky :)

20. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I don't find myself in these situation that often but when I do, I won't let them use my phone.

21. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

*twilight zone music*

But seriously, don't be so obsessive about it.

22. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

basically